Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Question re: creating a report via OSCAR - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Question re: creating a report via OSCAR (/Thread-Question-re-creating-a-report-via-OSCAR)

Pages: 1 2

Question re: creating a report via OSCAR - PaulaO2 - 10-28-2022

So my doc office has a PA who allegedly knows all sorts of stuff about CPAPs. It is my humble (snort) opinion she does not.

However, I need to present her with a report (vs whatever limited data she can get off my A10 screen) since doc wants to go through her vs sleep doc for a problem I may have.

I've tried to do reports before but they are never what I am looking for. I looked through the Wiki and couldn't find anything on reports (maybe I blipped over it?) and I know doing a search here for "report" would get me a whole bunch of stuff to dig through.

I need a report of AHI, types of events, and some others. Not sure yet. Is it possible to gather, say, a week's worth of data and turn it into a pdf/csv/excel? Even if it is 7 pages long? Or a single sheet of data? I don't think the overview page is enough but better than nothin'.

RE: Question re: creating a report via OSCAR - pholynyk - 10-28-2022

The Daily Summary csv export can do selected days, so a week or a month is no problem. It seems to be tailored for a Respironics report, so there are lots of zero columns. I don't know how to use excell to delete them automatically, I would have to do it by drag and cut. OTOH, if I add a test for DataAvailable before each column, I can do it in OSCAR... It's a fair bit of work to do it right, and it hasn't reached the top of my ToDo list. It will also mung anybody's scripts...

RE: Question re: creating a report via OSCAR - PaulaO2 - 10-28-2022

Okay. I see that now. I'll give it a try. I can select the blank ones and delete.

Is there a way to force certain columns? Like, it gives AHI but gives CA, OA, and H counts. I'd rather have indexes. (whine) do I gotta do math?

It was easy to select the columns I didn't need and hit delete. So not a problem.

Well... it's computable, so it's doable Big Grin

Better add it to the Enhancement list, so we don't forget it.

RE: Question re: creating a report via OSCAR - Crimson Nape - 10-28-2022

Well, hello stranger! Try looking at the Statistics screen. In OSCAR 1.4.0, a date range has been added at the bottom. This will provide the values you are looking for (I think).

- Red

Trust the users to know how to use the new features!

I'll give that a look in a bit. Need to update first. Downloaded it but got distracted by a shiny squirrel.

The shiny ones always get you (and me)!

RE: Question re: creating a report via OSCAR - PaulaO2 - 10-29-2022

(10-28-2022, 04:23 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Well, hello stranger!   Try looking at the Statistics screen.  In OSCAR 1.4.0, a date range has been added at the bottom.  This will provide the values you are looking for (I think).

- Red

It kinda does but isn't printable other than screenshot. I can, however, see all the data at once and can manually transfer it.