Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP (/Thread-Migrating-CPAP-to-BiPAP)

Pages: 1 2 3

Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - SleepyTimeTime - 11-09-2022

I used my ResMed AirSense 10 (autos) CPAP machine for close to two years. My doctor suggested a follow-up sleep study using a BiPAP machine. He said the results were better and prescribed the BiPAP machine.

I've used a SD Card in the AirSense 10 and downloaded the data to OSCAR. 

I received the new BiPAP AirCurve 10 (auto) machine but haven't started using it yet. I want to do an appropriate migration so I have all my data in one spot in OSCAR.

Questions:
1. Do I simply move the SD Card from the old AirSense 10 to the new AirCurve 10? (I figure it cannot be that easy)
2. Should I start with a new, clean SD Card in the AirCurve 10?
3. How do I configure OSCAR to read the new card?
4. Can I configure OSCAR to seamlessly display data from the SD Cards from both machines? Or am I going to see the old CPAP data in one place and the new BiPAP data in another place?

I don't want to start using the AirCurve and run the risk of wiping out old data, corrupting the data, or doing something wrong so I can't see all my integrated data from the two machines.

Thanks in advance! 

PS. I looked on the forum and didn't find anything on how to migrate CPAP to BiPAP in OSCAR.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - Gideon - 11-09-2022

Best choice is to use a new SD card. Create a new Profile and a combined profile so you have 3.
Changing the SD card between machines changes a file to that of the newest to the card SN. This is the device so it is best to keep separate SD cards,

You should have no issues with the combined data unless you use both on the same noon-noon day.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - pholynyk - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 02:54 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: Questions:
1. Do I simply move the SD Card from the old AirSense 10 to the new AirCurve 10? (I figure it cannot be that easy)
        It's not that easy.
2. Should I start with a new, clean SD Card in the AirCurve 10?
        Yes, get a new card, 4GB to 32 GB, whatever you can find.
3. How do I configure OSCAR to read the new card?
         No need, you can use the same profile; the Statistics and Overview pages will show the combined data.
         The Import process finds your new SD card - as long as it is the only one plugged in.
4. Can I configure OSCAR to seamlessly display data from the SD Cards from both machines? Or am I going to see the old CPAP data in one place and the new BiPAP data in another place?
         If you use one profile, the display of Statistics and Overview will be combined. If you have three profiles, you will have three places to look.
I just got a vAuto myself, and I use a single profile for all my data.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - KeepSmiling - 11-09-2022

SleepyTimeTime,,

I suggest you check the internal clock of your older AirSense. I am assuming you set correct time on your new AirCurve.

The older ResMed I was using was 24 hours ahead. I had no problem with OSCAR because I corrected the drift in OSCAR.

When I used the same user file in OSCAR the first day of OSCAR data did not show up, it was the old machine data that stayed in OSCAR.

The next day was there was there with the new machine. It is seemless.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - SleepyTimeTime - 11-09-2022

How do I create a combined profile? I went to create a new profile today and didn't see any way to do that.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - SleepyTimeTime - 11-09-2022

Thanks. Good idea to make sure the time is correct on the old machine before starting to use the new machine.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - pholynyk - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 09:18 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: How do I create a combined profile? I went to create a new profile today and didn't see any way to do that.

Just insert your new card and do an import. The data will automatically combine.

If you want a new profile, click on the Profile tab and then select New Profile and fill out as many questions as you want.

Be sure to go to Preferences and unclick the box for 'Open last used Profile', so you get the choice of which profile you want to use.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - KeepSmiling - 11-09-2022

(11-09-2022, 09:19 PM)SleepyTimeTime Wrote: Thanks. Good idea to make sure the time is correct on the old machine before starting to use the new machine.

SleepyTimeTime,

I did not say to correct old machine time.  I would not do that because I do not know if you will lose data.

I said to check that the time on the two machines do not overlap.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - Sleepster - 11-10-2022

You seem to be making this more complicated than necessary. Just use the new machine and then import the data into OSCAR.

There is no need to create a new profile, combine profiles, switch SD cards in machines, or any of that other stuff.

I suggest that on your new machine make sure it is set to the correct time and date before you start using it.

RE: Migrating CPAP to BiPAP - OpalRose - 11-10-2022

What he said ... this ^    Smile