Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
[Symptoms] Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: [Symptoms] Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? (/Thread-Symptoms-Just-downloaded-OSCAR-feel-tired-does-anything-stand-out)

Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? - coleperkins12 - 11-19-2022

[attachment=45864][attachment=45864]First post here. I received my sleep apnea diagnosis about 6 months ago, and my CPAP has improved my situation immensely. However, I still feel tired and get headaches on some days - on other days, though, I feel amazing. I just downloaded OSCAR, and I'm curious if anything stands out. I've attached screenshots for my data from last night. My AHI was 0 and I slept through the entire night, but I still woke up feeling groggy and have had headaches off and on through the day. Is there anything glaring in this data?

RE: Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? - KeepSmiling - 11-20-2022

coleperkins12,

Post sleep study and titration.

There are flow limitations that maybe disturbing your sleep. Also it takes time for the body to feel better.

Based on this OSCAR scan I would change the pressure to min 9.25 cm, max 12 cm, EPR 3. This will give EPAP 6.25 cm. (You can start with 9-10 cm as a minimum starting point)

There will be less flow limitation, and hopefully less sudden pressure swing and lower pressure needed to adjust to flow limitations.

After this you may still need to do a bit more adjusting to pressure

RE: Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? - coleperkins12 - 11-20-2022

Thanks for the suggestions. I've attached the results of one of my home sleep studies...I actually did a second one and got an AHI of 10, but I can't find the results. The results are actually in Spanish, hope that's not a problem.

I haven't done a sleep study in a lab. I just brought the home test results to a doctor and got a CPAP prescription.

RE: Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? - Jeff8356 - 11-20-2022

You may want to delete those sleep study pdf's. Redact (block out) any personal info, then repost them.

RE: Just downloaded OSCAR, feel tired, does anything stand out? - KeepSmiling - 11-20-2022

coleperkins12,

What was used to do this study? A polysomnography (which has EEG), may give more accurate reasons of the arousals such as leg movement, UARS, some other sleep disorders.

Were you told to use an oximeter?

I would like to know exactly what the last sentence of page 1/2 says.

I can't tell what caused all the arousals. You were most likely awake when the Oxygen Saturation was 100%.

There were some small sections when you slept on your left side (green) that looked like less desaturation events but the oxygen looks like it was on the 90% and lower then the blue right side that had more saturation yet the oxygen was mostly above 90%.

If understanding the last paragraph correctly, it states that desaturations are noted when there is a 3% dip or more. For the green bars, I am assuming the oxygen saturation was low but drops were less then 3%.

You spent lots of time while on your back awake or awaking up.

I like the EEG scans because you can tell if you are awake or not.