Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
ViHealth app warning! - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: ViHealth app warning! (/Thread-ViHealth-app-warning)

ViHealth app warning! - Cuppa - 12-21-2022

Last night I updated my Vihealth app update through Apple's app store. Latest version is 2.30.35

Uploaded from O2 Ring to phone as usual this morning. 

Until now I have stored the data locally on my phone, but this morning thought I would have a look at the free ViHealth cloud storage.
Signed up to allow this. 

It found all my records & asked if I wanted to merge them all into the cloud, telling me that if I did so they would not remain on my phone. I am often in areas without internet, so decided not to proceed. The options were 'Merge' or 'Discard'.  So to not proceed I chose 'Discard' 

I was gobsmacked & angry to then find all of my previous records were deleted from my phone!

All I have now are past 4 records which were still on the ring. 

The only saving grace is that I still have all my data on the O2Insight app on my laptop. (& in OSCAR). 

Right now I am pretty cheesed off with Viatom/ViHealth! 

I only had 48 nights worth of data on my phone. To anyone with a lot more - If you want the data on your phone stay away from signing up for an account!

RE: ViHealth app warning! - Jeff8356 - 12-21-2022

Mine auto-updated at some point. I never clicked Discard or Merge (i clicked the back arrow to get out of that screen) and it still deleted 2 years worth of oximeter data I had in the iPhone app. I also had all the data in the app on my Mac, so it was only my phone that was affected.

Pretty annoying that they didn't even give a choice whether to use the cloud or keep it on the phone. I get a nag screen every time I start the app with that same screen asking me to Merge into the cloud, or Discard. I keep hitting the back arrow (top left of screen).

Pretty rotten thing to do!!!

RE: ViHealth app warning! - Crimson Nape - 12-21-2022

A while back, Viatom provided a URL to all the Android ViHealth (.apk) archive versions. Also, the Android offers an auto-update turn-off feature per app. Do iPhone users have any options like this available?

- Red

RE: ViHealth app warning! - Jeff8356 - 12-21-2022

(12-21-2022, 07:06 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Do iPhone users have any options like this available?
- Red

Short answer.... NO
There is a global setting to turn off auto-update for all apps, but not individual.

There are some third party apps that claim to be able to restore older app versions but none that I have ever tried.

The nuclear option would be to "liberate the phone from apples constraints" Bigwink

RE: ViHealth app warning! - Lucid - 12-21-2022

Yeah, I was annoyed when the new version of the app suddenly appeared on my iPhone three or four days ago.  I then had to log onto it, which I hadn't had to do before.  There was a choice of setting up an account in order to use cloud storage, or continuing as a guest.  All I want to do is download the binary files to OSCAR anyway, so I clicked continue as guest.

Even as a guest they want your particulars, which I made up.  

It looks like all my data are still on the app on my iPhone.

Re Red's questions, I don't think I ever saw a URL from Viatom provided to ViHealth archive versions.  If iPhone offers an auto-update turn-off feature for each app, I'm not seeing it, but I'm not 100 percent sure I'm looking in the right place.