Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
SpO2 Drop below X not working? - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Software Support Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Software-Support-Forum)
+--- Thread: SpO2 Drop below X not working? (/Thread-SpO2-Drop-below-X-not-working)

SpO2 Drop below X not working? - YouTakeMyBreathAway - 01-20-2023

Hi,

I'd love to set a consistent threshold for SpO2 flags that doesn't rely on a daily baseline, which ends up changing day to day.

I saw the settings have an option to flag SpO2 drops below X (default: 88%), problem is, whenever I change this value and save and come back, I see it is reset to 88% and it never applies any value I put above 88%. How can I fix this?

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - Crimson Nape - 01-20-2023

Those parameters were put in during the development of SleepyHead. However, their settings have never been implemented in the code.

- Red

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - YouTakeMyBreathAway - 01-20-2023

Is there anyone that would be willing to add this for a $10 donation? Smile

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - pholynyk - 01-20-2023

The OSCAR team is all volunteers. If somebody picks it up, it will get doe.

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - LoudSnorer - 01-21-2023

(01-20-2023, 11:37 PM)pholynyk Wrote: The OSCAR team is all volunteers. If somebody picks it up, it will get doe.
This can be solved. the exact complexity of the solution is unknown at this time.
Need that ability to reproduce the same issue.
I don't have spo2 devices nor knowledge on how to import them into OSCAR.
I'd like to have an sd-card and other information to reproduce the same configuration that you have.

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - Crimson Nape - 01-21-2023

The code area where this is calculated (or would be) is common to all oximetry devices. The device specific loader code handles the formatting to a common data structure to be analyzed. I can furnish Wellue/Viatom raw data files for you to play with. Just let me know via a PM.

- Red

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - Jeff8356 - 01-21-2023

I have plenty of Contec *.SpO2 files that I can supply also.

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - SuperSleeper - 01-21-2023

(01-20-2023, 11:23 PM)YouTakeMyBreathAway Wrote: Is there anyone that would be willing to add this for a $10 donation? Smile

To clarify, all advice, services, information, software distribution etc. is absolutely free on Apnea Board and will always remain free.  Anyone may make a donation of course, but such donations are done simply by generous members who help keep the doors open at Apnea Board, not in exchange for advice or any services, including OSCAR, which is always free to the user.

Coffee

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - DavidEsp - 02-02-2023

Agreed! (with OP) - I'd love that feature (SpO2 threshold) too.
In my case because I am learning about my oximeter data trends, as part of trying to identify possibly subtle causes of my own recurring headaches.
(Doctors having failed to identify a cause, despite blood tests etc.).

RE: SpO2 Drop below X not working? - DavidEsp - 02-03-2023

Also would like the same for Pulse (from Oximetry). My pulse (or its determination via the oximeter) is typically so variable that the (default/unchangeable) "5%" change threshold generated an excessive number of recorded (pulse) events, rendering their informational value useless and the Events chart display swamped with its associated markers. Not complaining, just stating my use-case.