Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
Questions about CPAP tubes - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: Questions about CPAP tubes (/Thread-Questions-about-CPAP-tubes)

Questions about CPAP tubes - GoodSleepHunting - 02-05-2023

Hello guys, new to the forum! Appreciate all the info you guys share here!
I have few question about CPAP hoses

1) I know that there are different tube sizes, when it comes to masks as P10 that have extra attachment tube that is smaller than my regular 22mm tube,
should I be worried with pressure changes when it sinches down like that from 22mm to smaller?
are Resmed masks made for their tubes, so if it's P10 it should go into the Resmed heated tube?

2)Is that ribbed short tube that comes with the mask a mess when it comes to cleaning and build up of stuff?

3) If I want more humidity and my device doesn't have the heated tube option, and when I crank up the heat and have build up of water in my tube and mask.
Will sleeves resolve the issue, or I shouldn't even bother with that, and I should get a machine that can accommodate the heated tube.

4)How long do heated tubes last? They are pretty expensive, and how often do you guys change your tubes?
I know that manufacturers will often say change this and that regularly within short period of time because of money/steady income,,and not because it's unusable.
So I'm interested in how long do y'all use these tubes, regular, heated, etc.

5) Thanks

RE: Questions about CPAP tubes - Sleeprider - 08-25-2023

Tube diameter does not affect pressure, but can restrict flow rate if very small. The P10 tube to the mask is not a problem and does not affect therapy pressure or flow.
Exhaled air is nearly immediately purged from the mask and tube at the vents in the mask frame. I have used a P10 since 2015 and never had a need to clean the mask tubing.
Condensed water is not helpful to your perceived humidification. If you experience condensation, be sure to hang the tube so it rises from the CPAP machine allowing any water to drain back. You should consider buying a fleece tube cover to shield the tube from cold temperatures and avoid condensation.
Heated tubes can last for many years. Insurance in the U.S. often replaces on a 6-month basis, but I have had tubing last several years without a problem. As mentioned above a fleece cover can help prevent condensation and protect the tube providing a longer life.

RE: Questions about CPAP tubes - jwest - 08-26-2023

1) No. Just think about how every tube eventually transfers to a mask that has smaller passages, etc.

2) No, just throw it in warm soapy water once in a while.

3) Sleeves can help. So too can raising the temperature of your room. So too can decreasing humidity. I would get the heated tubes, if I were you. As Sleeprider said, alternatively, you could try to hang the tubes in a way that minimizes condensation reaching your face/nose.

4) I've never had some stop working. I replaced mine because of bending them out of shape/stepping on them/etc.