Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
New guy looking for some pressure setting advice - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: New guy looking for some pressure setting advice (/Thread-New-guy-looking-for-some-pressure-setting-advice)

New guy looking for some pressure setting advice - marty1966 - 02-14-2023

Hi. I am 2 weeks in on the APAP experience and moderately indifferent to the results. I am a 56yo M, 6'0 and 195lbs. 16" neck.

My home study showed 10.6 AHI and I was prescribed the Airsense 11 with an f30i mask. I have kind of a large head and nose but they fitted me with a medium mask, I'm thinking of calling and asking for a large mask. Anyway, I took to the therapy fairly easily, couple of nights playing with the mask due to leaks and side sleeping, but now it's pretty good, although at high pressure I get leaks sleeping on my side. I am trying to become a back sleeper, we will see.

What I'd like to do is narrow my pressure window and lower the ramp time. I have already gone from 15 min to 10 min, but maybe I don't even need a ramp?

The reason that I am indifferent toward the results is I still feel sluggish in the morning, energy later in the day, this was the way it was before APAP. Now I am not saying it isn't amazing, it is. Not snoring anymore is crazy. My Galaxy watch always showed 4-5 hours of snoring, now it's always less than an hour...but it shows I am still unconsciously waking up a lot. That could just be a limitation/error on the Samsung health app. But I do still feel tired in the morning. I think the leaks hitting my eyes wakes me up now and them. 

Not having to pee 4 times a night is definitely a game changer.

I have attached 3 nights of OSCAR data. One of them was Super Bowl Sunday, and I was drunk as a poet on payday, so AHI would be at peak that night Smile

Thank you for your help.

[attachment=47979]
[attachment=47980]
[attachment=47981]

RE: New guy looking for some pressure setting advice - Sleeprider - 02-14-2023

Results look fine with 6.0 minimum and EPR 2 you never exceed 13 cm pressure and your median pressure hovers around 8.0. If you want to try something a bit different, I would suggest increasing minimum pressure to 8.0 and trying EPR at 3. This might reduce some flow limitation and pressure fluctuations, while pressure will stay in the same general range. Anything you do to settings should be kept or rejected on the basis of comfort, as efficacy is just fine.

RE: New guy looking for some pressure setting advice - marty1966 - 02-14-2023

Wicked. Thank you so much. Yeah I'm sure it's fine, I guess I'm still wrestling with the fit of the mask. Waking up when it hits high pressure blowing in my eyes makes it tough. But not snoring is well worth it. Thank you again for your assistance.