Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea
looking for a chart review? suggestions/help - Printable Version

+- Apnea Board Forum - CPAP | Sleep Apnea (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Public Area (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Public-Area)
+--- Forum: Main Apnea Board Forum (https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-Main-Apnea-Board-Forum)
+--- Thread: looking for a chart review? suggestions/help (/Thread-looking-for-a-chart-review-suggestions-help)

What leak rate is acceptable? How to post oscar data? - Dchurch - 03-24-2023

Hi, im new to this game... what leak rate is normal? I seem to now have a good seal, but my leak rate seems high? But it seems most of the aur is coming out the exhaust ports.

Also be interested In posting my data, and getting opinions... what exactly shoukd I be posting and any tips how to copy it?

RE: What leak rate is acceptable? How to post oscar data? - snorin2 - 03-24-2023

you want to make sure the air isn't blowing into your eyes. regardless of the leak rate.

RE: What leak rate is acceptable? How to post oscar data? - Jeff8356 - 03-24-2023

Dchurch,

It would be easier if you posted a screenshot of your OSCAR daily screen. There are links in my signature on how to organize your charts, and how to add them to a post.

Organize you charts as listed in the link, or from the OSCAR menu bar select View > Reset Graphs > Standard

For the screenshot, in Windows F12, for Mac fn+F12, or from the OSCAR menu bar View > Take Screenshot

You didn't mention what your leak rate is, but the screenshot will give a lot of valuable info and will help someone in giving you advice.

RE: What leak rate is acceptable? How to post oscar data? - Dchurch - 03-26-2023

heres my first attempt at posting my data... looking for recommendations.... especially interested and concerned about my leak rate

RE: What leak rate is acceptable? How to post oscar data? - Plmnb - 03-26-2023

Good morning.

(Do you turn over a lot in your sleep, sometimes my mask gets messed up turning over).

Let me just preface my reply with I have extremely little knowledge about all this, even after years and years of dealing with sleep apnea treatment.  I count on the advisors here for my information and I am sure they will chime in for you.  In the meantime, I did a Google search on your leak question and found the following:  (I am sure if this is inaccurate in any way I will be corrected): 

"Leak can be caused by a number of issues—having the wrong mask size or type, the mask not being assembled or fitted correctly, or parts being worn out and needing replacement. The acceptable leak rate is up to 24 litres per minute. Anything below this means you are still getting the full benefits of therapy."

looking for a chart review? suggestions/help - Dchurch - 03-26-2023

Hi,

looking for some input on my numbers, suggestions... and such. concerned about leak rate, and just cant get over  how much air seems to be coming out of the exhaust ports...

Im a little over a week in

RE: looking for a chart review? suggestions/help - Plmnb - 03-26-2023

I know very little and cannot help you with chart review, but have had a lot of experience with leaks.  I have had so many masks I could open a store. 

You say you are a week in to treatment at this point.  Tell us about your mask, what have you been doing to try to get it to stop leaking?  Adjusting straps, etc?  Do you toss and turn a lot?  Any info regarding your mask usage, such as a beard?

I think your profile says you use a nasal mask?  Have you spoken to your supplier/therapist about these leaks?  Have you tried any other masks?

Any info might be able to garner additional help for you from more knowledgeable members.

Plmnb

RE: looking for a chart review? suggestions/help - Dchurch - 03-26-2023

Hi, thanks for the reply. I don't feel that my mask is leaking much, I feel most of the air is coming from the vent.

I'm currently using the mask that came with my machine, it's a F &P flexibility 407.... it seems to work good, although feels like I've got a waste paper basket strapped to my face.

I ordered an airfit n30i... and like it, but I was moving around too much I think... went back to the other one to try and dial in settings... maybe the n30i is just maybe for more experienced users.

I had an ahi diagnosis of 70.2, mostly hypoapnea. I move alot in my sleep.

I'm really considering ordering an airline p10 mask, very much like the minialist styles, and maybe pillows instead of cushion this time

Oh and ya, have a goatee

RE: looking for a chart review? suggestions/help - Plmnb - 03-26-2023

Ah so.  I understand now.  I remember when I used to be fitted years ago for my masks that the air and noise from the vents concerned me.  I think I was told the air from the vents was normal.  Maybe someone with more of an understanding of these things could chime in.  I don't think air from the vents would show up as leaks on your charts.  My machine actually has a test for determining air leakage problems, it is very helpful for me and only reports leakage when the air comes out from under the seals, not the vents.

Hope you get better answers than I am able to provide.