Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AHI went up, seeking for help
RE: AHI went up, seeking for help
Thanks mesentria and Gideon for your insight. I am providing much tighter chart to check if flow limits are the cause:

Constant arousals and wakings up are my nemesis. I cannot recall when I've slept through whole night without any interrupts, it maybe even 4 years or more (pre CPAP and CPAP). However, while on CPAP awakenings are more common and then I have problem to fall asleep with my mask on. If I could resolve this issue it would help tremendously with my health and exhaustion. 

Here is my regular night sleep with highlighted cluster area:

Cheers!
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
Any ideas?
Post Reply Post Reply
This is chart from last night, I sleep with tape on mouth, collar, flat pillow and sleep on my right side. Can i do anything with settings to make it better? Of course I am feeling exhausted in the morning and throughout day. 

Post Reply Post Reply
I am no expert, but I would try the following.  Put your machine in CPAP mode with a constant pressure setting of 10 and EPR at 3.  Try for a night and see if you have better sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Steve, I did as you told and this is my chart from last night:

Events seems the same as in AutoSet mode, but I have slept for almost 5 hours without consious awakening, maybe I should stick with it. Although, I still feel like sh*t. Moreover, this cluster of OA is craazy.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your problems appear to be positional, but you are doing all the things that should help.  The only other suggestion I can think of is to try sleeping on your left side.  It's possible that you need an ASV or bi-level machine.   I have sent a message to Sleep Rider, to see if he can take a look at your charts.  If anyone can tell what's going on it will be him.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Old Steve and others. Is there anything you can do to correct a possible head/neck alignment problem by reducing number or loft of pillows? have you tried a soft cervical collar or other means to avoid chin-tucking? https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you both for replies. This is my pillow, it's sturdy and flat:

and this is my soft collar:
LINK

Is it ok, or can I do some adjustments?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 260 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to BiPAP Therapy: Seeking Guidance on Settings Kevinbipap 4 151 04-24-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Kevinbipap
  Eagerly seeking ancient CPAP part ! Visualist 3 359 03-12-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: Visualist
  21 nights in, seeking advice smmille1 3 280 03-10-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: smmille1
  Brain Fog - seeking guidance in optimizing my therapy deocder 42 5,549 02-20-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: deocder
  [Equipment] Seeking advice for reset of time zone richapple 0 223 02-03-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: richapple
Question Seeking Advice/Help reddie 6 431 01-24-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.