Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

ASV: AHI zero, flow limitation mucho
ASV: AHI zero, flow limitation mucho
Hey good people of the Apnea board,

I've been trying different pressure settings for my Resmed ASV(auto) machine for a while now and I think I have to draw the conclusion that it's failing to help. A quick background:
  • CPAP: Using it with EPR showed inspiratory flow limitation, and could not tolerate exhaling against the pressure.
  • BiPap: Used 14Ipap, 10 epap), I would still notice a lot of apnea's, hypopnea's and flow limitations: imgur.com/a/qz0DiYT
  • ASV(auto): much more comfortable breathing with neglectible AHI, still disordered breathing: imgur.com/a/OhnFVrZ
  • DISE/Sleep endoscopy: 75-100% collapse of the eppiglottis, velum and tongue base with and without MAD device + mallampati 4 tongue
Since I have been using PAP therapy for a number of years now, without a noticeable improvement in my symptoms I had an appointment with a maxillofacial surgeon to check if it's the airways that are too narrow to blow open with pressurized air. He did notice crowding of teeth in the upper jaw and a narrow pharyngeal airway and has requested approval from my health insurance for double jaw surgery. Assuming I get the okay eventually, orthodontics and the surgery will take a while and until then I'd appreciate it if you could glance at the sleep data in the links and offer some feedback. 

Muchas gracias!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 16 435 1 hour ago
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flow Rate and Flow Limit Graphs ovmeadows 21 2,925 1 hour ago
Last Post: Jonkier
  Flow rate on Oscar shows no data for my minute and a half at a time Sleepwarrior12345 2 175 Yesterday, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Sleepwarrior12345
  Low AHI vs. low Flow Limitation apneakid 15 1,111 Yesterday, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Flow Rate Forms erolalper 2 93 04-26-2024, 09:36 AM
Last Post: erolalper
  Flow Limits How to Upgrade CPAP to Bilevel Deborah K. 110 9,168 04-26-2024, 07:31 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  flow limit of 1 rhishi 3 147 04-25-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: rhishi

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.