Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Abnormal results with different masks?
Abnormal results with different masks?
I have been trying different masks as of late. The first three months I used a wisp and my results were solid. I have added the dreamwear and the p10 to my arsenal and have been messing with those for about a month. I have no issues with masks leaking or irritation with any of them, however i am getting different results and seeing different stages of sleep along with some restlessness during the night. I adjusted my autoset 10 to reflect the type of mask i am using each time. 

My question: Is it normal to have such varied results based on the method of administration with the same pressure?

Also, thank you in advance to the members, mods and administrators for being the best resource available on this topic.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Abnormal results with different masks?
Hi Drucifer,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Hang in there for answers to your question, good luck to you with CPAP therapy.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
My experience has been that different types of mask need different pressure settings (around 1 - 1.5cm) to achieve the same results.  Full-face masks needs more, nasal pillows the least.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah changing masks will usually upset the numbers for a few days.
Especially if you haven't learned how much you need to adjust pressure for a particular mask thru trial and error.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, i am all over the place and I have been meaning to put up my sleepyhead charts to get help tweaking the settings, however I am wondering where to start. Should I post a chart from the original mask with my prescribed settings or one of the more recent charts that reflect the months I have been messing around? Prolly original charts right? 

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
Post Reply Post Reply
Drucifer,
Since your sleep profile is based on how you have the CPAP configured, I think I'd post your current setup.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I was messing around with autoset at the same time as I was auditioning new masks,  however I have returned to my prescribed setting of continuous pressure to "start over"  I will post the chart for that setup after I get to my desktop and figure out how to use imgur
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm experiencing the same thing. My best AHI (0.0-1.2) comes from DreamWear. But I prefer the quieter P10, even though it gives me a higher AHI (1.4-3.7).
Post Reply Post Reply
I not only notice an increase in pressure needs for the Dreamwear over the P10 (1-1.5 cm is about right) but also a difference in apnea types.  The P10 results usually reflect more OA (Obtructive Apnea) than H (Hypopnea) while the Dreamwear shows more H than OA.  Little to 0 CA (Central Apnea) or RERA (Respiratory Effort Related Arousal) with either mask.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Please help me interpret my results baganaz 2 155 03-14-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: baganaz
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 116 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
  Need help interpeing Lofta test results. LoftaUser 0 103 03-07-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: LoftaUser
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,158 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  Help interpreting Oscar results stanley61 10 434 03-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: stanley61
  Custom-Fitted Masks? TonyBoBony 5 318 03-01-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: TonyBoBony
  Abnormal report - me or machine Anthony2L 1 160 02-29-2024, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.