Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Greggers In Toronto Offline

Members

Machine: Philips Respironics REMstar SE
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Unknown
Humidifier: System One
CPAP Pressure: 11
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Male
Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Remove the adapter power cord from the back of the machine, wait a couple of seconds, then plug it back in. The unit should power up.

Press the power on button, let the unit blow for a couple seconds, then press the power button again. The blower will shut off.

Press the farthermost button on the left (the "Ramp" button") and the left-arrow button right beside it, simultaneously, and hold them both down (around 5 seconds) until "P - 1" shows up on the display. This will indicate you are in the Setup Mode.

At this point, you will be allowed to cycle through the setup menu. As you depress either the left or right arrow key, you will land on several icons on the display that indicate which setting you can adjust. You want to get to the "cm H2O" icon. Depress either left or right until you reach that icon.

Press the power button once, and your pressure setting will blink. You may then use the left or right buttons to change your pressure setting.

When you are done, simply press "Ramp" and the left-arrow button simultaneously, and hold until "P - 0" flashes briefly. You are then back in the standard operating mode.

(This procedure has been written whilst I was working side-by-side with the machine. Sorry for the initial complexity, but I wanted to relay it in the most approachable way for everyone.)

I went to the homecare provider today, and brought my unit in for them to examine. While I was there, I managed to "eavesdrop" on the clinician's finger presses, and surreptitiously learned the key-press sequence required to access the Setup Menu.

Please, note that the left and right arrow keys stick. You must be SURE you are pressing the left-arrow key independently. I found this was easiest to achieve by using my index finger to depress the "Ramp" button, and my pointer finger to depress the leftmost edge of the left-arrow button.

I hope this helps others.
(This post was last modified: 04-08-2013 09:47 PM by Greggers In Toronto.)
04-08-2013 09:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
SuperSleeper Offline

Administrators

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto (DS560)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Swift II
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: 12.5 - 18.5 cmH20 (auto range)
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: Have diabetes Type II

RE: Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Thanks Greg!

I'm sure this will help quite a number of folks...

I'll copy your info onto our CPAP Clinician Manual & Setup Page at the next opportunity.

Thanks

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

04-09-2013 07:31 AM
racprops Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics DS960HS
Mask Make & Model: Respironics FitLife FFM
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: ????
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

RE: Accessing the setup menu on the Philips Respironics System One REMstar SE Machine
Is this deeper than the tech setting I get to by selecting Setup and holding the ramp button for 10 seconds?

On my new machine that is all I need do to get into it.

And simple use the exit screen to close it.

my system:

Machine: Respironics DS950HS
Mask Make & Model: Respironics FitLife FFM
Humidifier: Respironics
CPAP Pressure: none yet
CPAP Software: SleepyHead
04-23-2013 05:40 PM

Donate to Apnea Board

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Equipment] respironics bipap error code hanasdaddy 6 136 12-07-2016 01:48 AM
Last Post: hanasdaddy
  Respironics 9 minute cycle with no events. pixpop 2 104 12-06-2016 09:17 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  [Equipment] Respironics blower failure SleepyinMTL 2 146 12-03-2016 12:52 AM
  REMStar SE with DOT Compliance musicman85 11 405 12-01-2016 09:08 PM
Last Post: musicman85
  [Pressure] How to change pressure - Respironics Solo slgoltz 5 20,051 11-30-2016 06:32 PM
Last Post: randx2
  philips remstar auto a-flex skylersdad 2 174 11-29-2016 05:47 PM
  PR System One: C-Check vs Auto? Ailu 8 3,031 11-29-2016 02:04 PM
Last Post: TonyJ