Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Airsense 11. Heating system error
Airsense 11. Heating system error
I received my Airsense 11 and heated tubing kit last week. I've had a couple of times where it displays a message "Heating System Error. Therapy may run without heating."  I press OK, and continue.

I'm only one week into CPAP therapy so this is all new to me.  I attempted to chat with CPAP.com where I purchased the equipment, but didn't get far. They just asked if everything gets warm.

Does anybody know how warm the plate should get or how you know if the heated tube is doing anything?  I've had one night where the reservoir was completely empty in the morning. Most other mornings it's still about 80% full. This morning it was still at the max line.

I've never really noticed any heat from the tube, but I wasn't really paying attention since I'm too busy trying to figure out how to sleep and get my tongue in the correct position to stop the airflow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Airsense 11. Heating system error
Without any significant diagnostics, you should take the error message as being true. The heating does not work properly or at all. You should get a replacement machine right away as it is new.

[DME Link Removed] Supplier #1 should send you a replacement and you should send yours back in the same box postage paid.

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-12-2023, 11:07 AM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: Without any significant diagnostics, you should take the error message as being true. The heating does not work properly or at all. You should get a replacement machine right away as it is new.

Supplier #1 should send you a replacement and you should send yours back in the same box postage paid.

Well, my chat with Supplier #1 (DME Link removed) didn't go that well. They asked if it gets warm? I asked if they mean, hot or just above body temperature. They said it doesn't matter.  I tried the warm up function and the plate feels a bit above body temp. Not sure if that means it's working. Not sure what to check on the hose.

One week into therapy and I am just cranky due to the crappy sleep and dealing with all the issues during the day.

Thanks, BTW

-----
Moderator Action: DME Link Removed

To maintain our status as an educational organization, links to DME-owned or DME-operated websites and links to pages that sell prescription-required items are prohibited in forum posts.  This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules.

-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Please try again as Supplier #1 has been most helpful with many of us. You just may need to escalate as the error message likely means the heating does not work properly and should not be there on a new machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
ResMed AirSense 11 Heating system error: Attention Therapy may run without heating.

I have been using a ResMed AirSense 11 since 6/2023 and loved it.  Months later, after turning 65, my supplier suggested that I pay off the unit, as there was only $250 left and I would own it and that Medicare would allow me to get another unit. This option was very appealing, as I am an avid traveler and also occupy two homes.  Within days subsequent to receiving my new ResMed AirSense 11, it malfunctioned, displaying the following error message:

“Attention Heating system error.  Therapy may run without heating.”

I became aware of this error being displayed in the middle of the night, upon waking to a very dry mouth.  I attempted to correct the error by reseating the heated tubing and heated water chamber, both to no avail.  I then preceded to turn off the unit and restart it, also to no avail.  I was able to clear the error by disconnecting power for a minute and then reconnecting, although, perhaps a few hours later the error message reappeared and I could feel the now cold tubing temperature. The next evening, I swapped out the heated tubing, heated water chamber and power supply unit, using identical components from my previously purchased, seven-month-old, AirSense 11 unit.  Once again, sometime during the night the malfunction occurred again.  This scenario continued to occur each night over the course of three nights.  On the fourth night the machine functioned with no malfunctions, although the symptoms reoccurred the fifth night without the error message.  In Googling the error message, I see that this issue appears to be a common malfunction that has plagued ResMed for quite some time, as several other CPAP / Apnea / AirSense 11 sites talk about it.  Many others have encountered this issue with their AirSense 11 machine and report that to date ResMed has not been forthcoming in any resolution.  Some suppliers attempt to switch out the heated tubing and water chamber, although that doesn’t alleviate the problem.  Other suppliers (including mine) state that they have seen this error before and replace the machine immediately.  Upon reading that this malfunction is not an anomaly and is widespread, I chose to return my new unit and continue to stay with my existing and functioning AirSense 11 and not get an additional unit.  I am very concerned that in the future and following the end of the warrantee period, I will be in an unfortunate position of owning two machines with a Heating System Error.  As a leader of a large organization, I have alerted others to this issue, as although the AirSense 11 is a fantastic machine when functioning, it is plagued with a common design flaw that apparently ResMed is not addressing.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Ron LI - Welcome
Since your unit is that new, it's still under warranty. Take it back to the DME for repair.
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2024, 08:31 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Hi Ron LI  -  Welcome
Since your unit is that new, it's still under warranty.  Take it back to the DME for repair.
- Red

Hello Red,

Thank you for the welcoming......... Yes, the new just acquired unit is being returned and Medicare will not be assuming any payment responsibility.  My functioning unit I am retaining, although it will be 1 year old 6/2024 and at the rate of failures that I am reading about, it concerns me.  My supplier suggested that when and if I am ready to get an additional unit, that I switch to an AirSense 10, as the failure rate is well within an acceptable range.

- Ron
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,083 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 208 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Heating System Errors btreger 0 186 04-05-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Inspire system JThammer 15 455 04-04-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: cdplatt
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,970 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 514 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 385 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.