Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Which device should I buy?
Question 
Which device should I buy?
Hi, I have a health insurance that subsidizes buying one of the next CPAP (auto-CPAPS I think would be more correctly) machines (price after subsidization does not matter):

Weinmann - PRISMA SMART

BMC - REsmart G2S A20, RESsmart GII

XIAONIU HEALTH CO. - SA100A (No information on the internet lol)

I"ll be glad if you all could help me choosing which one should I get. I can basically try every one of them for fortnight, but I don't want to spend too much time on it.
On the one hand, PRISMA SMART is not chinese and I guess it has the PrismaJournal website - that I don't really know if it can give me more sleeping data than the other devices as they"ll not compatible with OSCAR (Do other devices have a software/website to visualize sleeping data?).  One the other hand, I guess the RESsmart G2s A20 has a build in humidifier (which is crucial? Does PRISMA SMART has one?)

Thank you all, and sorry for my mediocre english.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Which device should I buy?
Why no one replies?
Post Reply Post Reply
@DenKen31,

I can't give you an unbiased answer, so I didn't chime in, but just for the purposes of Bumping - Resmed Airsense 11 would be my choice because it's the only one I've ever used. LOL
Bump
Post Reply Post Reply
My first choice would be a Resmed Autoset 10, followed by the Autoset 11. If you are limited to just the ones in your list, I'd go with the Weinmann Prisma Smart. The current test beta of OSCAR now supports the Prisma, so it should not be too long before it is available for release. . . If you were wondering. Thinking-about

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I didnt know that. That's great.
I would like to ask if a humidifier is a must in a CPAP? Because I tried the CPAP of my brother and my mouth felt really dry.
Post Reply Post Reply
With a ResMed, the humidifier is part of the machine, but you can turn the humidifier to off, or remove it and buy a side cover.

I don't have enough knowledge on the BMC or Prisma Cpaps to give an answer.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I spoke with a technician that told me that at my young age (20), I should not use a humidifier as it will make me feel that air is dry (while not using the cpap, when going outside). Is it right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Not entirely correct. A humidifier is simply used to condition the air by increasing moisture. Although the air you get with CPAP is the same temperature and humidity as ambient air, there is more flow moving around the mask. This excess flow is to prevent any re-breathing of expired air, which in addition to having some CO2 is warmer and moister. During normal sleep without CPAP you actually humidify and condition your breathing air as you sleep, unless you have a lot of ventilation in the room. It's a comfort feature, but some people need it. Easier to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. The vast majority of people using CPAP, regardless of age, use humidification.

Add my vote for the Prisma over the other Chinese devices from BMC and the one I have never heard of.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course Prisma, chinese devices have bad alghoritms. See on YouTube the best cpap is not resmed,  from an australian guy , based on a cientific study supported by resmed

And try to get the prisma smart max or the 20a
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best Oximeter Device to use w OSCAR Abletree 17 4,106 04-04-2024, 01:37 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  ResMed 10 Card-to-Cloud: no cellular device NelsonM 20 3,270 03-14-2024, 10:08 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Tongue retaining device with cpap question blancobonzo 1 1,022 02-21-2024, 07:20 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Replacement Device and Leaks jtardo 3 396 01-15-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  New Device Looking for Insite. Jesmitty88 3 437 12-09-2023, 04:50 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
Question [Equipment] BEFORE YOU TRUST ANY COMMERCIAL NON-FDA DEVICE srlevine1 0 343 12-06-2023, 02:04 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [News] INGESTIBLE MIT DEVICE TO DETECT OSA? srlevine1 1 371 11-20-2023, 12:12 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.