Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Brand new to this
RE: Brand new to this
Didn't realised I had the mask setting on nasal since I tried a Philips dreamwear mask at least a month ago!  Oh-jeez
I don't know how much of a difference it makes but I've changed it now.
I also changed the epr to 3 but the OSA events are back now. I had 8 OSA events lasting up to 31 seconds a time along with 4 hypopneas and the standard 5 CSA events.

I wore the viatom watch along with it and tried to upload the data to Oscar but I'm struggling to work it out.
There were spo2 desaturations down to 86% but 97% of the time my spo2 was over 95%.
I do feel groggy today though.

I still can't upload the oscar reports, it's says I'm using 7.83mb of my 8mb storage. I've looked back at my old posts to try and delete old oscar reports but can't seem to do it. Shall I start a new thread?
Post Reply Post Reply
Click on UserCP at the top right of the this window.  Go to "manage attachments" and click on it.  Then select the charts you want to delete and click "delete selected attachments" at the very bottom of the manage attachments page.  This should work and give you more mb to upload charts.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Jay.

I'm not by my laptop at the moment but I will get it done as soon as I'm home
Post Reply Post Reply
Right so here are the overview charts for the last 2 nights.

1st 2 images are jan 5th at 12cm pressure and 2cm epr, 3rd image is jan 6th at 12cm pressure and 3cm epr.

january 5th seems to look better? Could the flow rate at the start of jan 6th be because of chin tucking?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry the 1st image is 6th Jan and the 2nd 2 ar 5th jan
Post Reply Post Reply
Oscar chart from the 7th.

Pressure is still on 12 but the epr is back down to 2 (the same as 5th jan) and i roughly slept from 12/12.30-5.30. Im tired this morning but the central apneas are gone, there is only 1 hypopnea and the insp/exp rate is fairly even. There is a few OSA and im not very good at seeing if the flow rate looks better but the flow limit does.
The viatom watch says the lowest spo2 measurement was 92% but spo2 was over 95% for 97.5% of the time, there were only 2 drops over 3% and 0 over 4%

Is this the best looking night so far? i feel pretty rubbish but it wasnt the longest sleep and i dont know if the flow rate is great yet

If anyone would like to see any other charts/graphs please let me know

Post Reply Post Reply
At this point nothing stands out to me as something that has a quick and easy answer. You might get some further recommendations, but I think you may just need some time to let your body repair the damage that's been going on for years of bad sleep. If I recall correctly you had some issues other than tiredness that are already improving, so that's good news and it means you are getting some real benefits from this.

In the meantime, it's probably worth chasing after a couple more leads. Plenty of things cause fatigue and tiredness which makes it harder to figure out what's wrong and when to stop looking for more stuff. Vitamin D is a quick and easy one which is a perennial problem in the northern latitudes for many people. It's also easy to fix with a supplement, as is B12. Thyroid and Testosterone should also be pretty easy to rule out with some blood work.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your input again buddy.

Does that chart from last night look decent enough to you Pete? Would you just run with those settings for a while and see how it goes?
I had better spo2 and less events with lower epr but the insp/exp ratio (and possibly flow rate?) are better with higher epr. I don't know which way is best to go with it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I agree with Pete again.  Nothing really bad from your charts.  You could try a couple of days (or a week) with the better spo2 and with the lower epr; and then try a couple of days (or a week) with the higher epr (and better inspiration/expiration ratio and decreased flow limitations) to see which one you like better.  Anything in your medical history that may be contributing to the fatigued feeling?  It can take some time to see the benefits of using pap therapy.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry i havent replied to previous comments, ive had some family issues.

I've been doing a bit more research into everything and thought i would try out a MAD as i have a recessed lower jaw. It has made quite a drastic change to the amount of apneas i was getting so i decided to slowly lower the pressure night by night and keep an eye on it.

im down to a pressure of 6 and an epr set at 2 which is a lot lower than previously. last night i had some flow limitations which you can see in the attached charts. ive zoomed in on a couple of flow rates during limits and 1 with normal breathing.
The breathing pattern on image (3) carries on for a while afterwards with a series of smaller breaths and then a couple of big breaths, is this a sign of arousals? could it be due to chin tucking? Could that explain the tiredness and big dark circles around my eyes everyday?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I’m brand new and have a question Boba1241 6 449 12-22-2023, 08:54 AM
Last Post: eok361
  Brand new Bi-PAP machine whistles on inhale. S.L. Ping Beauty 4 613 02-28-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Equipment] Newbie with prescription and brand new machine from relative Bruce61 1 489 02-18-2023, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Brand new. Less than a week any observations on this OSCAR pic? billy2606 3 527 01-07-2023, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  How to know if Resmed Airsense 11 is brand new? LordHelmet 8 1,551 01-03-2023, 11:52 PM
Last Post: Brazen
  Any help grateful ! 39m brand new to CPAP RedArt 1 458 01-02-2023, 08:18 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Brand new to this, not sure how to optimize treatment tinimay 7 808 12-09-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: mesenteria

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.