Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

CHINESE KNOCK-OFF CPAP
CHINESE KNOCK-OFF CPAP
Does anyone have any experience with inexpensive Chinese knockoffs of ResMed's S10 Autoset as seen on Alibaba?
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: CHINESE KNOCK-OFF CPAP
are you talking about bmc/3b cpap?, if yes then i use one its been 1yr still didn't face any problem till yet
Post Reply Post Reply
According to a recent video by one of our Australian friends, even one of the latest  Philips machines can have what seems a be a very ineffficient algororithm, compared to the Resmed...

So you could buy a  more affordable machine that looks good, and has a nice UI and big screen etc.,  but not be able to assess how well it works on automatic until you get it home?  But maybe thats true of any machine! Crazy
 “Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
No experience with these but I would be wary of them myself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Anahai brand portable CPAP Machine for Sleep Apnea
Portable Auto CPAP Machine with Humidifier for Home
Now shown on Amazon under a search for "ResMed"

And there are others on Amazon not requiring an Rx.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply
The only way to really know how they perform would be to sponsor a study, such as the one paid-for by Resmed, which used a 'robotic patient' to standardise all the tests, then compare the resulting  performance of various machines.

The Prisma 20a  and te F&P Icon came out on top - in fact they were the only ones that really do the job on Auto!

The Resmed A10 Autoset was not great... and the Philips machine was the absolute pits!   I think at least one of the test subjects was a Chinese Special' and also did not come out too well...

So maybe Fixed Pressure is the way to go??

“Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.”   - DH  Lawrence

oldman
Post Reply Post Reply
I found the Anahai machine on Amazon, and it sells for $999 which is higher than retail from Supplier #1 for a Resmed Airsense 10 or 11. It's also likely an illegal sale on Amazon. As far as my limited research went, I see no FDA approval for this machine.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-15-2023, 04:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: ... It's also likely an illegal sale on Amazon...  

From experience with Amazon I can tell you they don't care in the slightest! A seller signs an agreement with Amzon that they will abide by any applicable laws. Amazon looks the other way since many of these machines are listed as sleep aids and not PAP machines. Amazon gets their percentage and the seller gets a sale. Plain and simple.
It is so prolific that it would take the FDA years to ferret out all these questionable devices. In the mean time consumers are spending their hard earned money to acquire them.

Capitalism at its finest!
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry WARNING - POSSIBLE RESMED KNOCK-OFF srlevine1 11 4,774 04-30-2022, 01:05 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Sad [CPAP] Crashed asleep into car, now recall, got Chinese machine, please help asleepatwheel 2 1,011 09-30-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  DreamStation pollen filter knock-off, as supplied by DME? OneSnorer 4 1,631 02-07-2019, 09:39 PM
Last Post: Hydrangea
  Chinese and Alternative Medicine for Sleep Apnoea C-PAP 64 14,221 08-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.