Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] deonfromdallas Therapy Thread
RE: deonfromdallas Therapy Thread
I just attached a copy of a redacted Sleep Study (do let me know if I have missed some info) that I took on 2023-08-28.  The doctor that I am seeing for TMD, who also specializes in Sleep Disorders wanted me to take a new Sleep Study, since I have lost about 24 lbs as he stated might not even need to treat the Sleep Disorder after weight loss (I plan to lose another 30 lbs).  He shared with me his opinions over the phone 2 days ago and I didn't get to ask him follow up questions because I didn't have the report until yesterday and I am having a Tonsillectomy next week (that's the plan for now), so I won't get a chance to ask him in person.

I am still not feeling refreshed when using the CPAP and some of the symptoms that I have when sleep is an issue don't seem to be as severe when I only get a few hours of sleep and I didn't use the xPAP i.e. feeling off-balance, tiredness etc etc.  My theory is that since I got very little sleep (< 2 hours), whatever is happening at night, is not getting a chance to occur, thus I still feel bad but not as bad, if that makes sense.

Anywho, my questions:

- Why is my Overall RDI 7 but Supine is 11, shouldn't the highest value be the overall?
- If I subtract RDI from AHI, do I get RERAs?
- How do I interpret the Sleep Disordered Breathing Chart i.e. what are the green and red lines?
- Anything else stand out in this report?

2023-08-28-Sleep Study 01 Redacted.png
2023-08-28-Sleep Study 02 Redacted.png
2023-08-28-Sleep Study 03 Redacted.png
2023-08-28-Sleep Study 04 Redacted.png
2023-08-28-Sleep Study 05 Redacted.png

Edit: Looks like a 3 attachment limit, I just uploaded the files to OneDrive.

Here is the previous Sleep Study:
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ar2MXl_GuEa1gYFpY15U...g?e=ZJLAEJ
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ar2MXl_GuEa1gYFo5hZL...w?e=JlAMP6
https://1drv.ms/i/s!Ar2MXl_GuEa1gYFnx3G9...A?e=utKNfU

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  nicchamilton - Therapy Thread nicchamilton 15 57 46 minutes ago
Last Post: OpalRose
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 80 1,863 Yesterday, 05:28 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 30 654 Yesterday, 03:49 PM
Last Post: Dalemazkour
  Therapy Beginner Help papercupprincess 7 208 Yesterday, 12:17 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 10 423 04-27-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 507 04-27-2024, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,682 04-26-2024, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.