Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements
Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements
Been using my CPAP for around 3-4 weeks now. Most days I get at least 6hrs of usage. I noticed no improvements on my daytime sleepiness, so I turned off Ramp Time, increased the min pressure and turned on EPR.
I'm not sure if it's me still adjusting to the higher pressure & no ramp time (noticed more leaks), but I'm still extremely fatigued every single day the entire day. I know it takes some people weeks/months to feel the effects, but I genuinely don't feel even 1% more energized. If anything, part of me feels like I'm even more tired since using the CPAP and need even more sleep. I'm looking to do anything I can to make my treatment better.

Settings
  • Ramp Time: Off

• Tube Temp: 82

• Humidity Level: 5

• Max Pressure: 13, Min Pressure: 7

• EPR: On, EPR Type: Full Time, EPR Level: 3

• Mask: Full Face - Airtouch F20

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements
You have a fairly big gap in your results.  Do you get up and stay up during that time?  It would be best if you woke up for a bathroom break to go right back to bed, even if it took a while to go back to sleep.  You need to train your body to sleep with the machine, and staying up without your machine makes it harder for you to adjust.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements
(03-24-2024, 07:09 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: You have a fairly big gap in your results.  Do you get up and stay up during that time?  It would be best if you woke up for a bathroom break to go right back to bed, even if it took a while to go back to sleep.  You need to train your body to sleep with the machine, and staying up without your machine makes it harder for you to adjust.

Hey, thanks for responding. No, I don't stay up during these gaps that you see, I'm just sleeping without the mask. Typically I would take out the mask to drink water/scratch my nose/etc. and I am so sleepy that I fall asleep without placing it back in for a few hours. Then I wake up and realize I don't have it on and wear it again.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see.  As much as you can, try not to drink or scratch.  Once you have your mask settled on, it's best to leave it there.  It will make your therapy adjustment much easier. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-24-2024, 07:37 PM)Deborah K. Wrote: I see.  As much as you can, try not to drink or scratch.  Once you have your mask settled on, it's best to leave it there.  It will make your therapy adjustment much easier.  Smile

That makes sense! Do you think the gaps are what's causing me to not experience the benefits / have less daytime sleepiness? Because in total, I still get 6-7 hours with the mask on even.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are still adjusting, so anything that helps you adjust more easily and quickly is good.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  cant seem to get stable results after 1 yr Mr Pink 8 153 49 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleepster
Question Maybe UARS? Overnight Ox Results Nospoons 2 85 Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Nospoons
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 10 316 04-22-2024, 01:16 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 22 574 04-22-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,633 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 605 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,623 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.