Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements!
RE: Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements!
I agree completely. The problem is positional apnea not EPR. Changing EPR will just increase flow limits and increase pressure which will NOT help positional apnea.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-13-2024, 12:00 PM)Dormeo Wrote: When you say "off your side" do you mean on your back?  That can certainly boost the number of OAs you have.  So can tucking your chin down toward your chest even on your side:

https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...onal_Apnea

Although we can't see your FL graph, the numbers in the left panel suggest they've responded well to EPR.  Are you finding the EPR of 3 fairly comfortable?

So I think addressing positional issues is your next order of business.  Do you think you could arrange a pillow behind your back that would keep you from shifting into a supine position?

I also see that you don't get much sleep most nights.  Almost everyone needs at least 7 hours of actual sleep to function decently during the day.  Any chance you could work on your schedule to leave more time for sleep?

I'll try to prioritize longer sleep periods. EPR of 3 is extremely comfortable. I'll prioritize positional apnea with trying the pillow behind the back and consider a cervical collar. I'm just curious why with no EPR I had a more nights of staying under 2 AHIs and waking up more refreshed. 

Thanks for everyone's help!
Post Reply Post Reply
No way to know why you did better with no EPR, and with a small n for the number of nights with each kind of setting, those experiments aren't going to give you conclusive evidence about what to do. So for now stick with your current settings and the focus on position and sleep-time. If the pattern holds up over time, then you might want to try reducing EPR by 1 and seeing how that goes. But not yet!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 258 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  liebano - Therapy Analysis liebano 17 673 04-16-2024, 05:32 PM
Last Post: liebano
  New and in Need OSCAR Analysis Well Marbled 1 67 1,955 04-16-2024, 11:25 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 267 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
  Refreshed analysis Pierrec83 3 198 04-07-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: Expat31
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 199 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 256 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.