Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Chin Strap Suggestions
Chin Strap Suggestions
Hey everyone! So I'm currently using the P10 mask, however, my mouth does drops open every now and then so it interrupts my sleep. I want to keep using the P10 mas, but do you guys have any suggestions for the best chin straps in the market?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Chin Strap Suggestions
My chinstrap suggestion, based on my experience with quite a few, is don’t use one. It works for some, but I never got one (including Knightsbridge cap) that did not need to be winched down. Get a soft cervical collar as it not only will help keep your mouth closed, but has the added benefit of helping keep your airway from kinking from a chin-tuck.
Post Reply Post Reply
For me, the cervical collar kept my neck straight but did not stop mouth leaking.  I use tape for that.  (I no longer need the collar as I use a pillow that stops chin drop.)
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Thanks you guys, I appreciate the advice on this. I had never heard of that before but I will give it a tru!  Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah…what pillow are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
The pillow I have is no longer available, but I found a couple that look like they would work the same way.  Mine and the two I'll list are all made for children.  Though small, they fit in a standard-size pillowcase, slid in sideways, with the rest of the case folded under the pillow.  This gives you a flatter pillow with a raised front to keep your head tipped back a little.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0C73Z...22S0&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09J54...X0DER&th=1

Both of these have three layers to the pillow, so you can make it flatter if you like.  I hope you find something that works as well for you as mine does for me! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Deborah, do you only sleep on your back?
Post Reply Post Reply
I was a side sleeper for most of my life, but then I learned about ten years ago that in my case sleeping on my back was better for preventing lower back pain, including debilitating spasms that lasted for days.  The change was difficult, but now I sleep far more comfortably on my back. I haven't had a back spasm since I made the change. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Knightsbridge made an incredible difference for me.  Much better than anything else I've used and completely tolerable.  To me, the rest are a joke compared to it.  I viewed the others as a major inconvenience.  In a matter of a week, the Knightsbridge was as natural as can be.  Took my leak rate at the 95th % from 90-120 L / min to many times <10 L/min.  Impossible without it for me.

I wear the chin strap over my full face mask (Vitera).  This just wasn't a realistic option with crap ones like the Ruby chinstrap.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-14-2023, 01:18 PM)PeaceLoveAndPizza Wrote: My chinstrap suggestion, based on my experience with quite a few, is don’t use one. It works for some, but I never got one (including Knightsbridge cap) that did not need to be winched down. Get a soft cervical collar as it not only will help keep your mouth closed, but has the added benefit of helping keep your airway from kinking from a chin-tuck.

i 2nd that. for me, personally, chin strap attempts caused more problems than they solved.  

currently i use the caldera releaf collar. i tried a couple, and it works the best for me. i use a pillow similar to what deborah posted, too. 

i have back issues as well, and though i tried to train myself to sleep on my side, i end up on my back most of the night. the combo of a ff mask, the caldera and the pillow seem to get me in a zone that works out ok. not perfect, but i sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth Tape suggestions BlueSky1958 16 568 05-13-2024, 12:30 PM
Last Post: BlueSky1958
  Chin Tuckers Hrdhittin 11 314 05-10-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Vagal Atrial Fibrillation & ResMed F20 Strap Neck MoreBeers 48 3,930 05-07-2024, 07:21 AM
Last Post: MoreBeers
  Looking for suggestions chzuck 41 1,133 04-28-2024, 04:13 PM
Last Post: chzuck
  ASV Settings -- looking for suggestions croc297 4 218 04-21-2024, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Giving up Evora, need suggestions PaulaO2 12 459 04-20-2024, 02:13 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Chin Tucking as cause of apnea ejbpesca 119 7,272 04-12-2024, 01:32 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.