Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Concerning State of F&P CPAP Icon Auto
Concerning State of F&P CPAP Icon Auto
Like many others with the Fisher & Paykel Icon Auto, around the end of last year, mine stopped functioning when I unplugged it and moved to a different room in my house. Several people have listed a few different strategies to fix this unit:
  • Hair dryer or heat gun on the power supply board
  • Replacing a capacitor
  • Replacing a triac
Thankfully, when this first happened, I was able to get a replacement machine pretty quickly. The new ResMed machine I have doesn't work as good for me, I'm tired a lot of the time and just look and feel like crap. I decided I'd dig into my old CPAP and see if I can fix it, but what I found was concerning (see attachments).

The plastic of the device was discolored, the board between the two modules was as well. I'm guessing this is the transformer that caused this heat, and awful smell.

I don't know what health implications this has, you could mildly smell it when the device was in use but it smelled like generic "electronics" to me, and not a slow roll to a n electrical fire.

Anybody know what this is made of, have the same issue, or had any health issues caused by this failure mode?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to reduce flow limitations on Dreamstation Auto CPAP? CentralApneaUser909 4 1,012 05-13-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 344 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 515 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad F&P ICON auto is dead Letsgomom 19 14,594 01-09-2024, 10:46 PM
Last Post: capman911
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 729 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  AirSense 11 moon icon instead of bars? LJAB 7 1,076 10-23-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Disassembly of F&P Icon Hanrahan 6 3,741 10-19-2023, 09:46 PM
Last Post: Thanya

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.