Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Curing CSA by upgrading to CRT pacemaker?
Curing CSA by upgrading to CRT pacemaker?
I have had OSA for 20 years and are well treated with my CPAP. After having an old 2 lead pacemaker implant two years ago, I suddenly developed the socalled Pacemaker Syndrome, including CSA in the level of AHI ~40. -with Obstructive apneas still below 3. Nightly oxygen levels dropped to below 85%. To cure the pacemaker syndrome, I have had a new type of pacemaker, the socalled CRT-P which paces both parts of the heart, and not only the right part as the former. Suddenly CSA burden fell to the level of 0.5- 5.8, and the CRT pacemaker seems to be a successfull cure of CSA in my case. 
Wonder if anybody else have experienced the same, as its a simple solution to a devastating and deadly problem, which are not to be cured by CPAP or any medication. Per in Denmark???
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Curing CSA by upgrading to CRT pacemaker?
Per Laursen, I very much appreciate your post.  I am a healthy 54 YO male, but my Cardiologist thought about giving me a pacemaker a few years ago.  I have bradycardia (and mitral valve prolapse), but Cardiologist decided I didn't need pacemaker because I am a former athlete and that is the reason for my bradycardia (I can get down into 30's at night during sleep).  

Interesting that pacing both parts of the heart stops CA's.  I had a ton of CA's on my polysomnography.  Machines with back up rates have stopped all of my CA's.  Great information to have for the future though.

Also, I have noticed that when using this ventilator or my ASV, it speeds up my heart rate slightly (maybe 5 beats per minute on average).  I assume from the increased air delivery to my lungs.
Download OSCAR
OSCAR Chart Organization
Attaching Files

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. 

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Upgrading to ResMed 11 - looking for a second look at settings elcarrot 2 706 06-09-2023, 08:56 PM
Last Post: bobola
  After upgrading to Resmed 11 I have had awful sleep for the last 4 nights calmark 8 1,076 06-05-2022, 07:00 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  CPAP and pacemaker KC8RXQ 1 837 04-05-2022, 03:06 PM
Last Post: mesenteria
  DON'T use maskswith magnetic fastener with ICD/Pacemaker saltydawg2 8 1,718 09-16-2021, 03:39 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Cpap and pacemaker difibrillator Nnemoyer 2 686 03-18-2021, 07:32 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Is upgrading worthwhile? BobbieM 19 1,502 12-05-2020, 12:46 AM
Last Post: BobbieM
  Server Issues, slowness, upgrading server soon [solved - server upgraded] SuperSleeper 8 1,312 03-15-2020, 04:20 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.