Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

n30i new nosepiece problem
RE: n30i new nosepiece problem
So how do we tell if there is an error in Oscar or if it is an error with ResMed? And how do we report the error? I can absolutely guarantee I was not in bed for 15 hours. I I knew when I went to bed and when I got up

Sorry but i disagree with you on the moisture. Moisture accumulates in the mask just from our exhalation. When we breathe out there is always moisture. Even if the humidifier is not on.  Moisture that sets can grow bacteria
Post Reply Post Reply
Hegel, is it possible the 25% leak could be attributed to the time I left the machine running after getting up? Or is that 25% spread out entirely throughout the night?
Post Reply Post Reply
Concerning moisture being in the mask after a night of sleep. Consider that if you wear glasses and you are wearing a mask for covid, if that mask leaks on the top, the moisture can easily cause glasses to fog. Moisture from breathing out. If the covid mask is removed the eyeglasses will normally clear up before too long. However it would seem when that moisture is inside a CPAP mask it may stay there for quite some time before evaporating. Another example. If you have a glass with one or two drops of water that have remained after the dishwasher finished. Setting that glass a long ways away from the dishwasher. Depending upon the humidity in your house that water May remain for a long time
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently bought a new N30i mask just to have a change from the P30i I usually use. I ended up with a bad case of red eye and assume that air from the cushions was being blown into my eyes. The older version of the N30i didn't do this so I may have to look at how I adjust the mask on my face.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know from wearing several types of masks that there might be a small amount of moisture during use, which is easily taken care of by a quick wipe down from a soft cloth.

I'm sure you can fix this yourself since my answers aren't acceptable, given that you already know your acceptable answer. The 15 hours issue, I can only comment on what's presented. It's not OSCAR's fault for reporting what's presented by you probably running the PAP for hours without using it. That's not a mechanical or report tool issue but user error.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-10-2022, 09:12 PM)TaxFreeira Wrote: Hegel, is it possible the 25% leak could be attributed to the time I left the machine running after getting up? Or is that 25% spread out entirely throughout the night?

I wondered that too, but as I recall when looking at your chart the leak rate was continuously high during the night. I have to run so I'm not checking your chart again now, so I could be wrong. Meanwhile, your event flag graph is really, really active. If in fact your over 24 lpminutes is happening all night long, that's an issue. You can tell this yourself by looking at the chart. IT would make sense that leaving the machine on without wearing a mask would end by looking like a massive leak.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure of the difference between the old and new nosepieces, but, my issue with this is the positioning of the two nasal holes.  I've tried all three different nosepiece sizes and while the SW seems to fit best, it is a hassle getting the nosepiece holes to line up with my nostrils.  If they don't line up, and stay lined up, I feel like I'm getting no air, and as I continually adjust the mask around, the noise produced wakes up my wife.  Also, if I sleep on my back, it MAY stay in place, but, forget it, if I sleep on my side (either side).

I've finally given up on this mask, and gone back to the dreamwear nasal mask that came with my Respironics machine (still waiting on replacement). It has a single slot in the middle that generally is easier to position on my nostrils.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ResMed Airsense N30i elbow leaking? Elton525 5 478 Yesterday, 09:49 AM
Last Post: Earl1095
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,317 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,242 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  [CPAP] ResMed Air Sense 10 Auto Off Problem Buddie43 19 26,648 03-05-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Ailyhsaun
  Are these flow limits my problem? k888 87 6,077 02-26-2024, 12:02 PM
Last Post: k888
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 430 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any tips to stop strap riding up on N30i mask BobbieM 37 7,024 02-08-2024, 06:25 PM
Last Post: stevew168

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.