Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Daytime events huge spike
Daytime events huge spike
Hello, I’ve been using my CPAP since diagnosis about 6 weeks ago. It’s been going well with most nights fewer than 5 events.  However the last 2 days I’ve taken a 3 hour nap in the late afternoon and my events were 50 yesterday and 38 today. My new average yesterday with additional 5.5 hours at night, was 20, so I’m assuming events were near zero in that time with averaging.

AHI was around 20 when I was first diagnosed. Does anybody have an idea what could be causing such high readings during these daytime naps? Mask fit is good with almost no leakage. I am not using software as I have no sim, but will order one tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Daytime events huge spike
We need data from Oscar to get information so please get a card and put up your charts.

But I will venture a guess. Positional apnea. Did you nap in a different position or use a different pillow. I would think you just slept in a position where your chi dropped to your sternum - cutting off your own airway.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you very much. I have ordered and will report back.

I was indeed using a bulkier pillow during first nap high, but not during the second one unfortunately.
Post Reply Post Reply
Load up Oscar. In the left hand column, at the very bottom, you will see sleep segments. Click on the sleep segment that pertains to your nap. You'll get the AHI and events for just that segment.

In my personal experience, I have all kinds of wild goings on during naps that I don't have at night: more colorful dreams, quicker to fall asleep, unusual positions, etc.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I will. Had to take another nap today because I could not stay awake. Even worse. AHI over 60, plus woke up with dry open mouth.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A way to track the length of my apnea events DeadManSleeping 2 90 Yesterday, 06:31 PM
Last Post: DeadManSleeping
  Machine not reacting fast enough to events? Brimstone 2 98 04-30-2024, 08:20 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
Question [CPAP] Are these events Central or Obstructive Apneas? vHungry 5 143 04-28-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Why pressure is rising without events SleepySleeper 8 219 04-27-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 449 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 319 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990
  Does Aircurve 10 Vauto record events and flow limits during ramp mode? SingleH 3 162 04-19-2024, 09:12 AM
Last Post: SingleH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.