Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Machine not reacting fast enough to events?
Machine not reacting fast enough to events?
Hello everyone,

I have been on CPAP for 2 months now and I am generally doing OK I think, but could be even better 

By looking at my graphs the last couple of nights I think that the pressure is not adjusting fast enough especially to hypopneas so I am getting some close to each other.

Can you take a look please and give me some pointers or opinions?

Thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine not reacting fast enough to events?
You will have to keep your pressure a bit higher than if you were using a ResMed machine.  Also, I suggest you set the Flex level at 2.  Flex doesn't give the same benefit as when using EPR (ResMed).  Some folk have found that Flex set at 3 is uncomfortable, that it cuts off inhalation too early.  

So,  I'm suggesting this change:

Minimum pressure set at 9cm.  
Keep Maximum pressure set at 12cm.
Flex set at 2.

Hopefully, this will help tame some of the Hypopnea and flow limitation.

Give that a try for a few days and report back with a new chart.   Smile
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Machine not reacting fast enough to events?
Thank you for the advice!

Will try what you suggested and see how it goes for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AHI with no Events HenryECole81 9 222 3 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  40 CA events a night? - Day 2 with CPAP buzzmcfly 3 145 05-17-2024, 03:18 PM
Last Post: sptrout
  [CPAP] New user: How many clear airway events is too many? blunder 8 385 05-14-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  A way to track the length of my apnea events DeadManSleeping 2 164 05-04-2024, 06:31 PM
Last Post: DeadManSleeping
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 293 267,681 05-03-2024, 07:03 AM
Last Post: rivkamakeda
Question [CPAP] Are these events Central or Obstructive Apneas? vHungry 5 221 04-28-2024, 02:57 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  [CPAP] Why pressure is rising without events SleepySleeper 8 300 04-27-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.