Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Does your utility provide assistance in electricity rates for using XPAP?
RE: Does your utility provide assistance in electricity rates for using XPAP?
.20 per kwh is twice what we pay and we don't have a tiered system. We pay the same rate per kwh no matter how much we use. Good Lord, how I love the Grand Coulee Dam.
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
The state govement of NSW gives me 0.30 per day.
Post Reply Post Reply
Does NSW own operate the electric utility?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
No it's all private.
I also get a $154.00 a year extra on my age pension, federal government, for essential medical equipment.
Post Reply Post Reply
My electric rate is currently $0.06149 (6-cents) per kWh, and transmission charges of 4-cents/kWh. The California rates are designed to encourage conservation and limit peak demand, and if you don't take the hint, they will hurt you. Everywhere else in the U.S. electricity is an essential commodity to have a comfortable home and profitable business. Rates are usually lower as you use more power because you are a "better" customer.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Our local power utility has a schedule of rates for commercial customers. No idea what it is, though.
Paula

Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2018, 12:10 AM)mhehe Wrote: It does apply:
Equipment list says:

Intermittent positive pressure breathing (IPPB) machines

in other words XPAP!

IPPB machines are those assisted by gas pressure to inflate the lungs and/or give medication. My Google search revealed it is not used that much anymore except during some surgeries.

The two are not the same at all. However, I can see how the power company might lump all of these under one umbrella.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermitte..._breathing
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
In New England we have ISO-NE (Independent System Operator of New England).
--

Larry
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-19-2018, 04:25 PM)LarryRapp Wrote: In New England we have ISO-NE (Independent System Operator of New England).

My guess is this is costly, just as it is in CA.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The amount of power needed for an Xpap is very small compared to all other breathing machines. If you got the deal, it's because someone doesn't understand the difference, IMHO.

There are no discounts here for medical equipment, although they will review to see if you qualify for power assistance.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to BiPAP, hoping for titration assistance? (Probable UARS) Easing5319 15 1,202 04-17-2024, 05:43 PM
Last Post: jkossis
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 395 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
  Picked up ResMed 10 today, concerned about ability to reset flow rates NewlyDiagnosed 10 268 04-08-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 560 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  Poor Sleep Quality/ Respiratory Rates flyingg103 3 314 02-29-2024, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Treatment] Interpreting OSCAR data - any assistance would be incredibly appreciated :) SleepyVoyager 20 1,017 02-29-2024, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Wink [CPAP] NEW USER - Assistance Needed Interpreting OSCAR Data tommythecat 1 307 02-17-2024, 12:55 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.