Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour.
RE: Dreamstation 2 shuts off every hour.
FWIW my DS2 is displaying 3 bars for the cell connection. Is your DS2 registered on DreamMapper? If so it should show the serial number of the current machine and for sure not the old one. Perhaps if it doesn't show registered there, it may not be in the database to receive calls at the host(?)

There is a Respironics FAQ for the DS2. There is a section that pertains to 'Connectivity' and cell modem connection issues. An excerpt from that reads...

"Another way to troubleshoot is to ask the patient to navigate to the “Settings” menu and swipe to where it says “Cell modem”. Here it will indicate when the last cell modem call was made. If one taps the blue text, there will be further indication with a code that indicates the modem status. The provider manual has a list of status codes and descriptions. Note that “0-3” indicates a call has been successfully completed."

If you can check in the settings immediately following when the DS2 issue occurs it may throw an error code.......

"Modem call

The modem will automatically make a call and upload therapy data at predetermined times set by your provider.
If a connection or upload attempt is successful or fails, a message will be displayed on the device settings Modem call screen indicating the status number. The status numbers are explained in the following table.
If an error code is displayed, contact your home care provider. They should check the Philips Respironics proprietary compliance software for additional information.

Connection is in progress.
0-0
0-1
0-2

Connection was made and call was successfully completed.
0-3

Connection is in progress.
0-4

Connection error
1-0
1-1
1-2
1-3
1-4
1-5

Try removing power from the therapy device, wait 10 seconds, then plug the cord in again. If problem persists, contact your home care provider.

Internal communication error
2-0
2-1
2-2
2-3
2-4
2-5

Software configuration error
3-0
3-1
3-2

If problem persists, contact your home care provider. The provider should check the Philips Respironics proprietary compliance software for additional information.

Invalid Device Configuration Error
Modem Service Required
4-0
4-1
4-2
4-3"
Post Reply Post Reply
Very helpful information StratCat48!

As it turns out, DreamMapper does indeed list the serial number of my current machine and my modem connection is seemingly strong at 4 bars.  However, during my last modem call, which was sometime today, There was a 3-2 error code indicating a software configuration error.

Now the important question is what do I do next to try to get this corrected?
Post Reply Post Reply
Just checked

"3-2"

And I've seen it before.
Post Reply Post Reply
Problem solved.  Sold my DreamStation 2 to a DME supplier who purchases preowned CPAPs and purchased a ResMed AirSense 10 Card to Cloud.

Very happy to to have all of this in my rearview mirror!
Post Reply Post Reply
ScreamStation 2 by Philips Respironics. Motto is We're working hardly at turning your CPAP therapy into CRAP. Signed PR

Apologies to all with the Philips Respironics machines. You deserve better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Update, it looks like it essentially stopped for the last two weeks with some intermittent nights of the same stuff.

Anyone seeing the same thing?
Post Reply Post Reply
Same here     Huh

Dreamstation 1 - replacement of earlier Phillips system
No provider involved in my sleep care - I've done my own thing 15 years
Only some nights every hour - some nights only session breaks due to 'old man issues'

I'm confused  Huhsign

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
[attachment=57922]I couldn't find the option to edit my earlier post - but thought it was a bit brief - I shouldn't post prior to morning coffee Sad 

Unlike most posts in this thread, I use a Dreamstation, not the newer DS2. 

I have Auto Start set to on and Auto Off set to off. I have no trouble altering those settings in the menu options.

I have attached some OSCAR files showing some of my night 1st Jan

At 1:22:48 there was a new session started 32 minutes after I went to sleep, no events were happening. 

1hr 1 min 12s later at 2:24:00 a VS2 was detected and a new session started

1hr 0 mins 24s later at 3:24:24 a new session started, no events but VB stopped for 2 minutes

1hr 0 mins 27s later at 4:24:52 a new session started, no events but VB stopped 2 minutes later

etc...
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks to you folks, I think (hope?) I've identified and resolved my issue with my sleep sessions being chopped up into 1 hour chunks.   Thanks

On 1st Jan I went into the Dreamstation's setting and turned the modem off. 

On 2nd Jan I uploaded to Oscar and was pleased to see just 2 sessions split by the usual overnight bathroom visit but no hourly slices

On 6th Jan I uploaded to Oscar, noticed the hourly slicing returned, read the manual, found out turning the modem off resets after 3 days to automatically turn back on, so I removed the modem. 

Fingers crossed, but I'm optimistic  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2023, 11:47 AM)Lucky7 Wrote: Got an email from those guys.

Here's what they THINK is going on. Machine is making modem calls every hour and when it can't send the data to their servers, it makes another attempt 60 mins later.

Sounds like a reasonable hypothesis. This would explain why it does it no matter which firmware version. It's something on their backend servers.

Did this resolve your problem? 

(Thanks for this post heading me in the right direction)
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help to interpret "Events per Hour" data Fritz1255 1 183 03-30-2024, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Events per hour Trouthead 3 300 02-02-2024, 05:55 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Waking up every hour newtothis1 15 1,032 12-31-2023, 04:01 PM
Last Post: newtothis1
  High Apnea events per hour Johnjr 5 578 11-30-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  shallow breating shuts off my apap? PressuresOn 11 1,191 08-11-2023, 10:49 PM
Last Post: PressuresOn
  Waking up at 1 hour mark Brucpap 3 667 04-09-2023, 10:23 PM
Last Post: Brucpap
Sad [CPAP] Airsense 10 Shuts off by itself for MANY hours overnight, I am suffering please help pavinscpaps 5 1,035 11-20-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Jeff8356

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.