Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C
Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C
I was diagnosed in 2012 via an overnight sleep study. OSA with AHI slightly above 30, also O2 desaturation, PLMD, RLS. Basically I got the whole alphabet.

I've had multiple attempts to get used to CPAP, beginning with a Respironics 'Brick' machine, followed by a REMstar Auto (System one 60). Under the recall, Philips sent me a Dreamstation, even though the old machine was well out of its service life. Initially I liked the Dreamstation, but now I'm starting to hate it. The main problem is that the auto start feature is unreliable and I need that to be working so that I can briefly take my mask off and put it back on without having to look at the machine, or touch it. I'm a very light sleeper, and these things tend to wake me up. But in addition, it has on occasion started beeping in the middle of the night, claiming that the power supply doesn't support humidification, and I have to turn it off, re-plug it, etc. It's not a power supply problem as I have replaced the power supply to no avail. Needless to say, this does not help getting a good nights sleep. I regularly check the data from the machine with Oscar.

So what I need is something that's extremely reliable, simple, requiring minimal interaction each night. I've read somewhere that maybe the Resmed Airsense 10 C2C might be what I need, and I feel like I'm on the verge of buying one.

I have questions:

Re tubing/mask: I currently use the Respironics heated tubing, with an Aloha nasal pillow mask. I like this mask. Will I be able to use the same mask with the Resmed tubing (possibly with a tubing adapter of some kind)?. Is the Resmed nasal pillow mask any good?

Re: Heated tubing:  I read somewhere that the Resmed heated tubing is much less flexible than the Respironics. Can anyone confirm? If so, that would be a no-go for me. If there's anything I have to fuss with, it will just wake me up and will be hard to get back to sleep.

Re: Humidity: Currently it's winter where I am. I have the Dreamstation humidity set to 5, and tube heat set to 3. This seems to work well with adequate humidity and no rain-out. However I've read that the Resmed machines do not control humidity as well as the Dreamstation. Can anyone confirm? Humidity is another of those things that easily interrupts my sleep, so I need that to be working.

So basically, I don't want to jump out of the frying pan into the fire. Just want to check that the Resmed machine will at least not be any worse than the Respironics one. Any comments would be welcome.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation -> Airsense 10 C2C
Re:tubing/mask - masks use a standard size to fit tubing regardless of manufacturer. Except the “mini” machines, which require an adapter. 

Re:heated tubing - the ResMed heating tubing is a bit stiff when first taken out of the package but softens with use over time. It has been many years since I used a Dreamstation so cannot comment on a comparison.

Re:humidity - the ResMed does an excellent job with controlling humidity. No concerns there.

Most who have made the move to ResMed have been most pleased with the improvements. Some things will be a bit different, but the overall performance of ResMed algorithms are quite good, particularly when compared to the Philips machines. Not implying the Philips are shite, but reports from those who made the change show they are glad they did so. You can do a forum search for more information.

Another consideration is that currently Philips are on the banned list in the States due to ongoing health and safety issues with their CPAP machines. Getting parts or a new machine may be difficult for quite a while, unless you go outside the US for them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you so much. Would you have any comment about how reliable the auto-start is on the Resmed?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never used it, so hopefully others will jump in with their experiences.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve found the auto start on my Resmed to be completely reliable over the 11000 hours of operation.
Post Reply Post Reply
You might want to check this thread https://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread...legitimate Member Georgewicz found thecpapshop has the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset C to C for $329. He just got his new machine and is very happy with the sale. I have put a nomination to add thecpapshop into the Supplier List.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 210 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Switching from Dreamstation to Airsense 11 rorielly 8 1,144 04-01-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Swaggy
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 223 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  Dreamstation II -> AirSense 11 AutoSet todivefor 10 744 02-23-2024, 04:15 PM
Last Post: drwoodr
  Need Input on AirSense 10 vs AirSense 11 b4 Ordering New CPAP mdmarmd 13 2,407 01-14-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: scowell
  Transition from DreamStation 2 to AirSense 10 prince01 16 1,095 12-17-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: prince01
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 636 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.