Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamwear/F30i
Dreamwear/F30i
These seem like they will be my perfect mask but I have read alot about the pressure decreasing when laying on one side or the air noise near the ears putting people off.

My main concern is not being to exhale as well, although that might not even be a concern once I switch to full face.

I guess one can only bite the bullet and keep on spending to find that perfect match but would love to hear people's recent opinions on exhaling in these masks and side sleeping.

Any opinions on the F30, Evora and Amara view would also be greatly received.

Thank you!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamwear/F30i
I used nasal pillows (ResMed P10) with a soft cervical collar (SCC) for years and recently switched to the ResMed F30 (also trying F&P Evora). For me, qualitatively, sleeping with the F30/Evora produces a better overall quality sleep. It took me weeks to get used to the F30, but once I got used to it I’m very pleased with the results. I still use an SCC as it helps keep my spine aligned and jaw from opening too much. I did not like the F30i, just not as comfy and more leaky to me.

Overall I prefer the Evora to the F30 for the way my nose sits in the cradle. I find it much more comfortable as it does not rub against the lower cartilage separating the nostrils (not sure what it is called) as it gets sore on occasion from the F30 rubbing against it. I mark on the straps with a permanent marker where things are set up so I can easily find the magic spot once again. The Evora also has a bit more space under the mask (I use a medium in both), so it sits a bit more comfortably on my cheeks.

The Evora is a bit twitchy to set up, but once done Bob’s your Uncle.

I have never used the Amara or Dreamwear and would not use any CPAP products from Philips. Personal choice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 151 04-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 145 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  AirFit F30i Mask Problem OldTeacher 22 5,086 03-23-2024, 03:23 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 388 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Dreamwear frame sizing ahuman 3 391 02-23-2024, 05:21 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 902 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  New CPAP User - f30i Mask Troubles CcReesezzzzz01 6 943 01-31-2024, 10:55 PM
Last Post: CcReesezzzzz01

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.