Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user
AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user
Hello and thank you for keeping this resource alive for new folks!  I just started CPAP therapy on Wednesday and would like to get some of your insight and experience to help me get the most out of it. 

About Me:
  • Diagnosed moderate OSA last month with an AHI of 27.9
  • AirSense11 with AirFit F30i Mask
  • Pressures: 5 to 15 (I like it best around 8-10)
  • Lifelong stomach sleeper/mouth breather
Obviously, the mask is leaking big time.  I sleep on my stomach with my arms up under my head on the pillow.  My face is to the left or right and I alternate sides throughout the night.  I can't seem to get used to the little nose air holes since as a mouth breather, they're useless to me.  I think I was using them while sleeping the night before last because when I woke up yesterday I had a nosebleed. I have since increased the humidity and tube temperature and this morning: no nosebleed.  That could also be from not breathing through my nose at all, too!  If I use my nose to breathe, my sinuses immediately hurt even at 5.0 pressure. Even mouth breathing, I cough when the machine first goes on until my throat stops being dry and scratchy from it.

When I was waking up this morning my breathing sounded like Darth Vader, but there was no air blowing in my eyes or coming out on my cheeks, so I am not sure where it would be leaking from!  When I use the Mask Fit feature on the machine, it always tells me I have a great seal - but that's when I'm awake!  It even once told me I had a great mask seal when I wasn't even wearing the mask! Way to confuse the newbie, ResMed!

I have it set to SmartStart so that if it stops from a leak in the night, I can just restart it with one breath.  I do not recall this happening during the night, but I was asleep so how would I know!  I suspect my issue might be more positional than anything?  Maybe I have a bad mask/machine?  The mask fits snugly; not too loose or tight.  

I'm open to suggestions from experienced users as I really see the potential for improving my overall well-being, and would like to get past these issues.

Thanks for reading!

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Diagnosed with UARS just got CPAP with mask need help setting it up nicchamilton 3 129 04-25-2024, 10:48 AM
Last Post: nicchamilton
  [Equipment] Resmed F30i Mask ditron1 3 151 04-23-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: cps22
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 76 6,328 04-20-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 207 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,261 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 140 36,124 04-20-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: backdoc
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 53 1,691 04-18-2024, 05:25 PM
Last Post: Pawpri

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.