Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

EncorePro 2.1 data location(s) in Win7
EncorePro 2.1 data location(s) in Win7
I've been a 2.1 user for quite awhile, but my hard drive failed recently.  Yes, I'm fully backed up, but when I restore my Encore data back to the location that I had earlier noted, the application now shows no patients or data of any kind.

I had noted long ago that the data lives in .bin files in C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\Respironics\EncoreViewer\Data\* .  So after replacing the drive, I reinstalled the application, expecting to see at least part of that structure created during installation - but it wasn't.  So I created a dummy patient, just to see where it was now putting data.  I still can't find it.  Can someone using V2.1 on Win7 look at their file structure and let me know where the data lives please?

In case it matters, I originally used EncoreViewer with an M-Series & Smart card.  I believe all of THAT data is also in my Data folder (C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Respironics\EncoreViewer\Data).

Once I get this back to square one, I'll do the V2.2 installation (and I assume the data structure & location doesn't change between 2.1 and 2.2).

Thank you!!
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: EncorePro 2.1 data location(s) in Win7
This is just a guess on my part.  Based on the location you specified, it is more than likely there was a "user" or "patient" profile located in the parent Encore directory or the system registry.  I would try recreating the user name you had used originally.  Try importing some data.  Encore may not create the data directory until it has some data to import.   After it creates the data location, copy your data back into it.

I wish you success.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I reinstalled, I found it was best to rename the My Documents/Sleepyheadxxx directory to SH_old. That wa when Sleepyhead first starts it prompts for a user-name. Just use your old user name. Once that is done, shut down the program and copy your data form SH_old into the new directory and overwrite the newly created, empty user profile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, I'll try these things. Would it be possible for someone to open up Windows Explorer and just tell me what the full directory path is where your EncorePro data is stored?
Post Reply Post Reply
If no one responds or while waiting, open Windows Explorer and select the root directory (c:\). Type "encore" (case insensitive) in the search box located in the upper right. It should find all occurrences of the name "encore". Hopefully, you will find the path.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm using Encore Pro 2 ver 2.2 with Windows 10 Home ver 1703. My Encore Pro data appears to be as follows:

C:\Windows\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.ENCOREPRO2\MSSQL\

I didn't dig around too much, but some of the sub folders inside the MSSQL folder appeared to have data from when I imported today.

Hope this helps.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-24-2017, 01:14 PM)pupcamper Wrote: I'm using Encore Pro 2 ver 2.2 with Windows 10 Home ver 1703. My Encore Pro data appears to be as follows:

C:\Windows\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.ENCOREPRO2\MSSQL\

I didn't dig around too much, but some of the sub folders inside the MSSQL folder appeared to have data from when I imported today.

Hope this helps.

Thank you pupcamper, indeed it did - to a point.  The data repository for EncorePro 2 (at least in Win7) is:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10.ENCOREPRO2\*

Unfortunately, when you do a clean install of the EncorePro program (which also installs MS SQL Server 2008 which is actually the big performance pig in all of this), you can't just copy your old sub-directories and files back into that MSSQL10.ENCOREPRO2 directory.  I mean, you can, but when you start up the EncorePro client, it won't see any of that data.

Fortunately my SD card is still intact and I was able to download all my data and get everything back that way - but this still leaves a concern about what someone would do if something happened to their card and needed to move to a different PC, etc.  As far as I can tell, there's no way to migrate your data.  Maybe someone with experience in manipulating data with SQL Server can (the installation includes an import/export client but as you might expect, it isn't intuitive).

So I'm now installed and have my data, but after all this I still have concerns.  Thank you all for your help!
Post Reply Post Reply
Buy a backup hard drive and do a complete backup.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
I clone mine every day to a backup disk using Carbon Copy Cloner, although I’m not really that concerned if I do have to start all over. I use SleepyHead fo every day use. I only use EncorePro to check what I’m seeing in SleepyHead occasionally.

As far as the sd card is concerned, I use batch files to run two instances of FlashPapp on my laptop to load the data from the wireless sd card in my cpap machine onto sd cards on my Windows laptop and my iMac automatically. Needless to say, the sd cards air cloned to the backup disk as well.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-26-2017, 09:10 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: Buy a backup hard drive and do a complete backup.

I have multiple backups spread across a network; having the data backed up isn’t the issue.  The issue is - unless I’m missing something which is always a possibility - that you can’t simply put your data files back into the directory that they were in originally.  Once you do a clean install of the software, it won’t see those files any longer.  It appears the old data needs to be migrated via SQL Server tools back into the new database.
Mike

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 290 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 345 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,710 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,112 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
Question Installing SQL for EncorePro Dee Nyal 16 3,539 08-07-2022, 12:46 PM
Last Post: KSMike
  OSCAR Data location David Lee 7 3,379 05-31-2022, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mjrPdqkLguUgGLE
  P&K software missing OSCAR? Ipad or WIn7 only sunnysky 7 857 05-21-2022, 07:36 PM
Last Post: pholynyk

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.