Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] advice for a side sleeping, mouth breather on a mask?
advice for a side sleeping, mouth breather on a mask?
Tomorrow morning, I finally have my DME CPAP setup appointment. I am receiving a ResMed Airsense 11. I am not sure what to ask for on the mask. 

I tend to breathe out of my mouth, and I do sleep on my side. Any advice on which mask I should start out with? I was thinking of the ResMed F30i recently until I read some negative reviews this morning.

Thanks to everyone who makes this forum so awesome. Your help is greatly appreciated!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: advice for a side sleeping, mouth breather on a mask?
I suggest a ResMed F30 or F&P Evora, but only because I use both. I prefer the Evora as it has a firmer place for the nose to rest.

Others like the full-face masks like a ResMed F20 or F&P Vitera. 

Too many masks to choose from…

You will possibly have to go through a few masks to find what works for you. It is a burden we all must accept to find what works best for us.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the new Resmed F40 and love it. I've even been able to side sleep in it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the ResMed AirTouch F20 because I’m an “active” sleeper and change from left side, right side, and back throughout the night.  It’s usually due to aches and pains from arthritis where I can’t stay in one position too long.  
I’m an occasional mouth breather which is why I got the full face mask.  I have not yet experimented with taping my mouth, which some say can help with swallowing air if the mouth is open.  
I like the AirTouch F20 because the mask has the super-soft feel and for me helps reduce skin irritation and provides a somewhat better seal because I have a chubby face.
It’s best to try on different masks, and always 1) while you are laying down because that is how you sleep and 2) always under pressure so you can get a true feel for fit.  
Don’t forget to review the mask primer AND also learn about your DME’s mask trial period and swap policies.
https://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.ph...ask_Primer
Post Reply Post Reply
Awesome! Thanks PeaceLoveAndPizza!

Very cool, I've read about that mask! Thanks HalfAsleep!
Post Reply Post Reply
Great advice SleepyDawg! I think I'm similar to you in being an active sleeper. Thank you very much for the help!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Symptoms] Funny taste in mouth Chrisr 8 170 05-30-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Dry mouth even using mouth tape Wcsleep 12 1,741 05-30-2024, 02:02 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  US brand mouth type recommendations? alwyns42 0 79 05-29-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: alwyns42
  Keeping mouth open Made 12 400 05-28-2024, 05:44 PM
Last Post: Made
  PAP MD Mouth Tape Columbiabill 7 8,893 05-28-2024, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Foxafillion
  Tongue Stabilizing Device (TSD) for Mouth Puffing? Unkikonki 5 169 05-27-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Unkikonki
  [Equipment] mouth breathing help liamcpap 2 102 05-27-2024, 06:24 AM
Last Post: liamcpap

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.