Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread
RE: cervical collar really effective?
I use the plain black 3" Soft Cervical Collar by Core Products from the same seller.  I have a big neck, ~20" and these work for me.  I use for the light pressure under my jaw/chin to keep my mouth shut so I don't mouth breath/leak.

This adds ~1/2"-1" behind the neck so acts somewhat like a cervical pillow.  I tend to use a little thinner pillow with it.  I have multiple of them to swap out when washing weekly.  They say to hand-wash only, but I usually machine-wash on delicate and air dry and mine have held up well.  

The price has gone up though, then were only $10 at fisrt and now they are up there with some of these other options.  I would try them, but they don't look like they will fit my neck size.

I find them comfortable, not as much when brand new as they are stiffer, but after the first wash, they soften up.  

Only issues are they can get a little warm if your room warms up and the velcro is a little noisy if your spouse is sleeping when you need to open the velcro.
Long-time PAPer, periodic ApneaBoard reader, occasional sleeper.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hybrid full face mask cause nose clamping?
I have been using CPAP for almost 18 months and mostly wore Resmed F20,  worked fine with disruptions mostly relating to stuffed nose and claustrophobia occasionally, but able to wear 7-8 hrs per night.  6 months ago I had facial surgery below eye and F20 mask was pressing against the surgical site even weeks after it was healing.  So in January I switched to Resmed F30, under the nose rather than over the nose FF mask.   In spite of what I hear that it is not good for nasal congestion, it has been a life saver in that I cannot go back to F20 due to the positive experience with  this mask. (F30)    Here is my question.; my internet searches yielded a response that hybrid under the nose face masks are not recommended for those with nasal congestion. (I have moderate-severe  NC)  They cause nose clamping -  I treat my NC issues with Flonase, netipot type solution, nasal irrigation, etc.   Anyone have good experience with F30 hybrid mask with nasal congestion?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread
sleepingbetterinFl -  All your previous 18 threads dealt with your therapy.  For this reason, I have merged all of them into this one thread and renamed it to, "sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread".  Please use this thread for all your therapy related posts.  This allows the reader easy access to your history and to aid in forming recommendations to help.

I will be sending you a PM confirmation on my as well.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  stanleyv28 - Therapy Assistance stanleyv28 23 402 58 minutes ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Dalemazkour - Therapy Help Dalemazkour 23 480 9 hours ago
Last Post: Dalemazkour
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,968 364,075 Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Last Post: btreger
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 87 1,839 04-25-2024, 11:33 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  secunix Therapy Thread secunix 0 83 04-25-2024, 02:30 AM
Last Post: secunix
  Second attemp at therapy Jonkier 8 236 04-24-2024, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Jonkier
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 6 275 04-24-2024, 06:19 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.