Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse
RE: Events worse in the morning and events in general getting worse
Are you able to relax and hold your tongue to the top of your mouth? I had to relearn how to do this, for me. It feels like swallowing the back of my tongue. That makes a big difference in the dry mouth for me. Someone here has suggested practicing talking while the machine and mask are on to teach the body how to control the flow and keep it in the nasal pathways.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’ve tried that, but they actually move around in my mouth, and have become dislodged fro the air pressure. I used them a lot prior
To the sleep apnea diagnosis ans they were great, but don’t interact well with cpap/bipap for me
Post Reply Post Reply
I do find this somewhat helpful. I have a gigantic mouth guard because of bruxism and that does get in the way, but I have found some relief from trying to keep proper tongue posture
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I tried this type of mask and it’s very difficult to tolerate. I’m hoping there is something else I can do
Post Reply Post Reply
Tongue posture can be improved through exercises, exercises I need to get back to myself... One of the ones my myofunctional therapist gave me is to hold something small to the roof of the mouth; she uses tiny circular rubber bands for braces, one at the middle back of the tongue and one behind the front teeth on the "spot" (little bundle of nerves), this is done during the day for 15-30 minutes while doing other things. It occurred to me that the xyliments could work for this purpose too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh I’ll definitely try this! Thank you for the tip
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  HELP with CPAP settings, not feeling rested in the morning! jc1996 2 132 9 hours ago
Last Post: jc1996
Question [CPAP] Are these events Central or Obstructive Apneas? vHungry 5 85 Yesterday, 02:57 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Feel WORSE after getting Leaks under control - hopeless HarleyGirl63 10 279 04-27-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  [CPAP] Why pressure is rising without events SleepySleeper 8 184 04-27-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Daytime events huge spike liz0859 4 128 04-24-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: liz0859
  [Treatment] Most events are Central Apnea / Clear Airway joeblough 8 398 04-22-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: joeblough
  [Symptoms] Worried about sudden spike in CA events rohit261990 8 269 04-22-2024, 12:44 AM
Last Post: rohit261990

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.