Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Safe to enlarge nose holes on Resmed f30
Question 
Safe to enlarge nose holes on Resmed f30
hi, I have been trying to use my new mask, a Resmed f30. Sort of a hybrid full face mask. The nasal holes are distinct but seem small for the size of my nares and leave me feeling like my breathing is obstructed. 
Is it possible to “ cut away” a bit of the nasal mask part to enlarge the holes?
If so, any recommendations on how to go about it?
Thanks for any help you might share.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Safe to enlarge nose holes on Resmed f30
Usually a larger cushion size is the better way to take care of it. I have never tried cutting up my mask cusion.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I cut the little piece of silicone between the F30 nasal holes all the time. Nothing bad to report so far. I have not however tried to enlarge the individual holes. As SleepRider said, make sure you have the properly sized mask.

If you like the mask form factor and want larger holes, consider the F&P Evora full-face mask. Similar to the F30, but with a firmer nose rest and larger holes. I have no experience with the F40, so cannot comment on that mask, but based on what I have read it seems closer to the Evora than the F30.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pimples inside nose cam 6 5,594 Yesterday, 12:08 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when sleeping? POOKISTAN 7 234 04-23-2024, 06:12 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Are memory foam masks really safe? POOKISTAN 3 170 04-21-2024, 07:58 PM
Last Post: BuzzaJim
  Hybrid Masks more comfortable than over the nose FF mask? sleepingbetterinFl 6 211 04-20-2024, 09:07 AM
Last Post: cps22
  [Equipment] Any tips on how to get better airflow in under nose masks/hybrid full face masks? jake79 16 348 04-19-2024, 10:58 AM
Last Post: jake79
  Dripping Nose Lesley19 3 141 04-10-2024, 01:50 AM
Last Post: Lesley19
  Horrible chemically burned bacon smell in nose after water reservoir runs dey icashootnstar 13 1,960 03-18-2024, 09:39 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.