Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help picking a new CPAP machine.
RE: Help picking a new CPAP machine.
Any chance we can get a chart? You were previously at 8.6/4.6, now with the Vauto you have a very wide range of pressure raning from 8.0/4.0 to 15.0/11.0. Not so good. We an duplicate your old settings, but let's start with a more limited pressure range.

Mode: Vauto
EPAP Min: 4.0
Max Pressure 10.0
PS: 4.0

I want to see what is going on to determine if we need other fine-tuning.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Crimson Nape - Red,

Thank you for the conversion explanation it helps me to better understand how settings work.

Sleeprider,

I did a couple of nights at the Doctor's setting and did not feel very well the next mornings.  So, I did a night at something close to your suggestion.  I will attach chart.

Mode: Vauto
EPAP Min: 4.0
Max Pressure 10.4 
PS: 4.0

Will try Max Pressure 10.0 tonight and post another chart tomorrow. 
Thanks for the help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Those double-strike obstructive apneas in the middle of the night are positional. There is no effective difference in the settings I suggested from what you did. Good instincts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Afternoon Sleeprider,

Here is last night's screenshot, best night I have experienced with the Vauto.  I felt better upon waking this morning and then saw the numbers were also better.  I have a few of questions:

1.) Do you see any changes I need/should make?
2.) Was the high initial pressure caused by the mask leaks?
3.) How do you tell if an OA is positional (trying to learn)?

Regarding question number two, I don't understand why the mask seem very strange last night.  Very hard to get comfortable, felt like mask was just blowing air excessively during inhale.  Took a good while to calm down.  First time I have seen a leak graph like that.  Any thoughts?

Thanks again for all your help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Congratulations on great results. High initial pressure was from flow limitation of unknown origin. There is a large breath spike that is probably related. Positional apnea is nearly always clustered OA or flow limitation. Nothing to see here.

Leaks happen. Nothing to worry about as a one-off issue. Keep an eye on it.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Good day,

I am attaching three images from last night's OA events.  I am trying to learn what OA's are positional and which are really obstructions by looking at the Flow Rate chart.  I am guessing positional OA's are represented the big spikes before and after an event and no spike prior to the event is really an obstruction.  Any help in interrupting the chart is greatly appreciated.

Post Reply Post Reply
Big spikes with no exhale are breath holds. These might be related to movement like holding breadth as you make a bigger move in position during the night, but it is not positional obstructive apnea.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Hello Sleeprider,

Been a couple of weeks now that I have been using the pressure settings you suggested and am wondering what you think about adjusting them.  I am having better results (little more consistent) with the Vauto than the other machines, but I am thinking there might be room for improvement.  I have attached two screen shoots that show the results for the last two weeks.  If you need something different/extra, please let me know. 

Thanks for your help,
Ed

Post Reply Post Reply
Your results were pretty good when we last spoke, and the summary data does not really offer much insight on whether things are better or worse. Your efficacy is still good, and the qualitative results, "do I feel better?" is really where we're at. Just saying that these summary statistics are not very meaningful, but you are "having better results". So I have nothing to offer on these charts.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Sleeprider, I will continue on and monitor how I feel.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP machine goes on, off, on, off, on, off, etc. RonM39 6 155 Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Last Post: RonM39
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,779 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Which machine to get for initial self treatment - Auto CPAP vs. BIPAP ST MVoltaire 8 267 04-04-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Using CPAP machine to perform Sleep test ivan007 3 202 04-02-2024, 03:28 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 220 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  Need help new on CPAP machine Jimasripper 10 445 03-22-2024, 03:08 PM
Last Post: Jimasripper
  Ready to buy CPAP machine NewlyDiagnosed 29 953 03-21-2024, 01:42 PM
Last Post: NewlyDiagnosed

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.