Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Help reading Oscar Charts
Help reading Oscar Charts
Hi, I've been using my APAP for just over a month but didn't get an SD card until Dec 2. I have uploaded all my data into OSCAR but I honestly have no clue what I'm looking at. Based on the AHI it looks like everything is great but I'm still so tired (which I do have low ferritin levels for sure, possibly low vit d but do take iron and vit d supplements. I am also 35 weeks pregnant so I know my sleep isn't the greatest at this point anyway.) I just feel like I should be noticing a slight difference in energy levels and exhaustion but haven't. I'll upload my last two nights screenshots and if needed more just let me know.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Help reading Oscar Charts
Welcome and congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Overall your sleep data looks pretty good. Only things I'd recommend you change at the moment is increase minimum to 7cmH20, maximum to 12cmH20 and EPR 3 full time. This will allow you to leverage EPR throughout the night.

Would you mind zooming into a 5 minute segment of your sleep so I can see what it looks like breath to breath? Also, what's your nasal hygiene routine? How stuffy / runny are you night to night?
Post Reply Post Reply
    Heres a shorter time frame around 1:30 am. 

Nasal hygiene is good. rarely stuffy (maybe 2 nights in the last month) especially helps having the humidified air on the machine. I do usually get stuffy around this time of year with the dry air in MN but i have noticed its been 99% better this year with having the APAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is nothing in your chart to suggest poor sleep to me, I would chalk up feeling knackered mostly to being 35 weeks pregnant. I think a bit more starting pressure, a narrower range, and a wee bit of EPR would help, but I would not suggest anything too dramatic for now.

Maybe a starting pressure of 6, but only with an EPR of 1 strictly for comfort. Something like 6-10 with EPR set to 1 if needed. 

We can reevaluate in, oh, say about 4 weeks. Meanwhile, rest well.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help reading OSCAR data JenniferJuniper 24 1,412 04-18-2024, 10:17 AM
Last Post: JenniferJuniper
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 163 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 403 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  Do my OSCAR charts and figures look okay (newbie)? Jade98 4 206 04-02-2024, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help Interpreting Charts to ID Potential Palatal Prolapse - Deep Sleep Issue reedro287 5 245 03-26-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Help Interpreting Oscar Charts - Huge Clusters of OA Heaviside 3 434 02-22-2024, 09:58 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] New with CPAP Request Assist with OSCAR Charts YankeeLaker 18 1,187 01-30-2024, 07:56 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.