Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about
Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about
So, as a new user of a Resmed CPAP machine, i read the manual and watched many videos online. The parts are explained, the usage, the menus, settings change etc... As i remember, you can turn the humidity level off but I let it default at 4 and use distilled water with that. Now since i needed to travel outside the country i brought the machine with me but thought to remove the humidifier from it to make it smaller in size to carry and also not to deal with the water, and set the Humidity level off. Little did I know that the machine is not supposed to work without the damn water container inserted. I even saw a video from SleepHQ where they remove it and put some other cover bought online instead yet in the video the guy didn't tell, hey don't remove the container if you don't have the cover. As you can imagine, turns out this damn cpap is not supposed to work without the container, you can leave it empty but can't remove it. And of course they explain all kind of bs in the manual but not include such piece of information. So, I carried in my backpack a bulky device I can't use till i get back home and put that damn water container back in, right?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Humidifier - Basic information nobody writes about
The side cover plate Resmed Part (37303 Air10 Side Cover - Charcoal) is one of those things nobody considers when the units are sold.

Theoretically, you could use a piece of appropriately-sized hose to bridge the inlet and return -- but it would leak under pressure and is not advisable. Or find a way to airproof-seal the end. Again, not advised. Who knows what it will do to the sensors?

The best option, overnight the side cover to your location. ResMed is found worldwide, so it is a matter of throwing money at the problem.

As with all things xPap -- live and learn.

Best -- steve
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Bag for Aircurve 10 without humidifier? melbell 3 178 04-20-2024, 02:07 AM
Last Post: melbell
  ResMed Humidifier Tub Change? Reesche 12 437 04-09-2024, 12:46 AM
Last Post: Reesche
  [Equipment] How to stop rain out from external humidifier? SluggerBaloney 7 302 04-02-2024, 02:08 PM
Last Post: SluggerBaloney
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 976 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 539 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  AirSense 10 heating & humidifier issue Wingnut Warrior 2 444 02-08-2024, 11:13 PM
Last Post: Wingnut Warrior
  Basic question after night #1 Jskier 33 2,317 01-29-2024, 01:29 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.