Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Interpret Oscar Data - New Aircurve Vauto
Interpret Oscar Data - New Aircurve Vauto
Thanks to You! - I had my first night last night on my new AirCurve Vauto. It replaced my AS10

I would appreciate it it you would look at my Oscar data and tell me what it means

The machine was extremely comfortable. I believe I kept my headgear on for the full night - a first!

I used a chin strap for the first time, so I don't believe I have any open mouth breathing events

Sleep-well

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Interpret Oscar Data - New Aircurve Vauto
This looks good and you are feeling good. So essentially no changes.

But two things.
Change mode so the Flow Limit data will chart.

Set mode = VAuto
Set min epap = 7
Set PS=4
Set max IPAP = 11

Note the above will deliver exactly the same therapy as you are currently getting.

Also Try turning off your ramp.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. I wll make the changes & report Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Last night (2nd night) was interesting. I made the recommended changes from set mode "S" EPEP = 7/ IPAP = 11 to:

Set mode = VAuto
Set min epap = 7
Set PS=4
Set max IPAP = 11

Once again I had a rare, full night of sleep @7:41 hours and did not remove my mask.

HOWEVER - The night began with GREAT DISCOMFORT and air ingestion/burping.  I was not able to tolerate it, so I went ahead and changed the settings to:

Set mode = VAuto

Set min epap = 6

Set PS=4
Set max IPAP = 10

Also - Ramp OFF

The change seemed to improve, or correct the air ingestion problem. I noticed my AHI also improved and I had no CA events - while the preceding night I had 3 CA events

I can't tell if I notice improved sleep or rejuvenation. Still feeling a sense of fatigue. I'm working on fatigue from all angles - lab work, thyroid level control, testosterone hormone, weight loss, exercise, stress management etc. I haven't solved the oppressive fatigue I am experiencing yet

I did notice some times of light sleep during the night. Semi dreaming/semi awake. It didn't feel like deep sleep. Maybe restlessness, maybe unknown arousal

Any advice on what is happening is appreciated. Changes, ideas?   What about the pressure change I wen ahead and did

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with new AirCurve 10 VAuto Settings aubreyjs 15 369 10 hours ago
Last Post: Sleepster
  [Pressure] interpreting OSCAR data NicoFR 31 2,088 Yesterday, 02:13 PM
Last Post: NicoFR
  VAuto Trigger Setting MrIvanDrago 2 68 Yesterday, 12:08 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [CPAP] Need help analyzing OSCAR data user357 2 138 04-24-2024, 08:27 PM
Last Post: user357
  New ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto - Oscar Chart Raven87 18 355 04-24-2024, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Raven87
  Any insight on this data from OSCAR? jake79 2 143 04-23-2024, 08:49 AM
Last Post: jake79
  need help be with Ti min and Ti max, just got airsense vauto and got some questions shedu1337 7 193 04-22-2024, 09:02 AM
Last Post: shedu1337

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.