Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Lower 95% pressure higher RERA index. Higher pressure lower RERA index.
RE: Lower 95% pressure higher RERA index. Higher pressure lower RERA index.
Thanks Sleeprider. What should acceptable flow chart look like?

Little confused. His RDI is low and only 40 seconds in apnea. Is this not a good night?
Post Reply Post Reply
What we are looking at is the flow chart wave form in a zoomed in fashion. His AHI is great, but his breathing is extremely irregular during inspiration due to flow limitation. You will have to ask Car 54 if that was quality sleep, my recollection is that it was not. All you have to do is click and drag across a short section of the night to zoom in. Continue to click on the chart to zoom in until the wave-form is clear, then take a screenshot using F12.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Good morning Sleeprider. Is there a specific part of my flow rate chart I should expand? - AC
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm just looking for random breathing pattern. If you want, then pick out a period of low flow limitation, and one where it is high. I will explain later.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Post Reply Post Reply
Its not letting me insert the attachment for the bad flow
Post Reply Post Reply

Here you go!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done on the graphs!  This shows normal breathing while the flow limit chart shows a very low level of FL, and the second chart is a good example of inspiratory flow-limited breathing with diminishing flow rate as the inhale progresses.  We can see that even the flow limited breathing is not severe.  Now compare this to where we started  before EPR.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5606]

[Image: attachment.php?aid=5607]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Thank you Here is a EPR 1 screen shot.
Post Reply Post Reply

Here is an EPR 1 close up
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Still dialing in pressure and understanding data (help) TPoc 2 119 Yesterday, 11:20 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [CPAP] Why pressure is rising without events SleepySleeper 8 188 04-27-2024, 08:17 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
Question Pressure Settings for UARS Mild Apnea, Airsense 10 risherwood 3 117 04-26-2024, 06:12 AM
Last Post: risherwood
  should I raise my CPAP pressure if 3AM spo2 is loow RichardW 17 516 04-24-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Is this mouth breathing on flow r. Experiencing aerophagia with pressure above 6cmH20 Jonkier 1 152 04-24-2024, 04:04 AM
Last Post: Narcil
  Low OA, Higher CA Scores Davaadtron 6 229 04-23-2024, 11:56 PM
Last Post: joeblough
  Acid problems and pressure build up in mouth Hurdsy 3 191 04-21-2024, 08:23 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.