Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mask Ruts - climb out and try something new
Thumbsup 
Mask Ruts - climb out and try something new
I have been on a CPAP/APAP for about 15 years.
And am trying all sorts of new things this week.  Before my new machine, I started trying new masks,

At the very start 15 years ago, I tried a Nasal pillow.  It didn't work.
So I ended up with the Respironics Comfort gel blue - nasal.
It's easy to get parts for them.
They got better, 
Then they changed the exhaust system to something I liked less.

But it was what I knew.

Pros:
It seems to work fine
I can get parts online all over the place

Cons.
Irritated Nose Bridge
The pressure seems to have affected top teeth some, like bad exterior braces.
Big strap marks on my cheeks in the morning. 
Blows air straight at wife if I turn to that side.

But it was what I knew.

A few years ago I was sent a trial of a Respironics GOLife.  
It sat next to my bed for a long time.... 
Then maybe part of a need for ANYTHING new in LOCKDOWN world.  I tried it.
Took a couple of nights to get the right nasal fit with the right mask frame.  But I loved it!!! 
I could start the machine and still, read or watch videos to fall asleep and just put down the tablet.

But they stopped making them since I got my free one.

So I looked and it appeared the ResMed Airfit P10 was a simpler version of that kind of design.
So I found some cheap parts to try it, and It's simple, even better.

I noticed that the P10 has a nested pillow like the gel mask.. so there is a firmer inside to keep the opening round. but a softer outside that uses air to press against the outside to seal it.  So much less irritating than any previous pillows I tried that had the firm rubber pressing into my nose. 

Just thinking about all those dead Gel masks and trying to pack TWO on a trip in case one broke, and the odd fixes I made when one broke and I didn't have parts.

These P10s are tiny!!! And easy to find parts for. (Just got three new pillows in my size for $13 total) 

Moral:
Even if you are sure you have the perfect mask, try something different.  
There are free trials out there.  Take advantage of them. 

But maybe don't change everything at once, like I have :Smile  
Me and the new machine need to date some more..
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  CPAP mask straps are loose and no longer keep the mask on my face WWu777 8 2,683 03-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Resmed P30i pillow mask user unable to get beyond 1.5 hr on mask Roy289 28 3,343 09-27-2022, 10:47 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  Advice for f and p vitera mask leaks full face mask accetableplaintain 2 3,940 03-23-2022, 09:37 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Help with mask, Definition of EPAP/IPAP and Mask Pressure wesozzzz 1 1,123 11-15-2019, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  What's the mask setting of Dreamstation for Bleep DreamPort mask? ChinaMan 5 2,468 10-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Last Post: ChinaMan
  Changing mask from p10 resmed to philips respironics: Mask seal issue Visitor 10 4,906 10-11-2019, 07:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Personal Experience On Nasal Mask Compared with Full Face Mask ramphil2019 19 4,628 04-07-2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: ramphil2019

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.