Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moving from Auto-CPAP to fixed - what pressure?
Moving from Auto-CPAP to fixed - what pressure?
Long story but I'm going to be moving from an Auto-CPAP to a fixed pressure machine...at least temporarily.  I have about 6 months of data sleepyhead data on auto machine set at 9.5 min and 12.5 max.   Average pressure runs about 9.6.   90% pressure over last 30 days is 10.50.  Over last six months it's 10.9.    My AHI over last six month is 0.96 and over last 30 days is 0.67.

I'm thinking about setting my manual machine at 10.5.   Any comments or suggestions?  Other data/info needed?

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moving from Auto-CPAP to fixed - what pressure?
Sounds logical! to me. Your data will tell you if you need more pressure or not.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Agreed.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
It would be helpful to post a typical night of detailed data from SleepyHead.
Post Reply Post Reply
my only question is why not the autoset at a fixed pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 2 34 1 hour ago
Last Post: emile.leplattenier
  Fixed Sleeping Position the entire night? Unkikonki 7 155 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Pressure] What Cpap pressure should I use? uarspatient2023 1 215 03-02-2024, 12:56 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Moving from Dreamstation to Aircurve PartsGuy 9 560 02-22-2024, 10:31 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Help interpreting low AHI after reducing CPAP pressure? grrrrr 2 266 02-21-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: grrrrr
  [Pressure] unable to find pressure settings on my cpap timoteo666 7 426 02-17-2024, 09:56 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dizziness and ear pressure/fullness after using cpap dizzy1 0 175 02-10-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: dizzy1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.