Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need a new machine - online options
Need a new machine - online options
Hi, I've been using a Philips System One machine for 10 years.  It's making a horrible noise, so i'm getting a prescription from my doctor for a new one.  At this point, i'm just going to pay cash for a new one because honestly I don't want to have to hassle with insurance, etc...  

So armed with a new prescription, does anyone have any experience with maybe a list of 3 recommendations of online companies that can send me a new machine relatively quick?  Or should I try to find a local DME that won't rip me off.  I'm in the Fresno, CA area.

My AHI was 20.9 arousals per hour when not laying on my back.  Supine ASI was 43.2 per hour.

My current machine is setup for 11 cmH2O
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need a new machine - online options
Supplier #2 on the suppliers list at the top of the site is one that has low prices and great service. I purchased one for me and about a year later for my son.

secondwindcpap
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
Call Supplier #2 as they have proven to be supportive and have reasonable prices and lightly used machines.
Post Reply Post Reply
clovistnt, are you aware of the Respironics recalls? You might want a machine from Resmed instead of from Respironics.
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello "neighbor" clovistnt,

I had a good out-of-pocket experience with our supplier list vendor no. 14--no knock on our no. 2, no. 14's good price was compelling. I see no. 14 offering Resmed Autosets below $1000. 

If you knew of significant trouble with flow limitations and their awakenings, you might want to consider getting the Resmed VAuto vpap. I suggest you download OSCAR (as in the ApneatBoard menu) and post charts showing how you breathe in sleep. Post charts and ask for help. See OSCAR Chart Organization - Apnea Board Wiki

You might be interested in my recent post RM AirCurve10 VAuto: On Sale for $1225, AB supplier No. 14 | Apnea Board

2SB
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
Appreciate all the replies. I'll go check out availability from the ones identified so far!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 265,719 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
Cool New Backup Machine doesn't have menu options mcse350 2 238 02-28-2024, 03:38 PM
Last Post: mcse350
  ResMed S10 Air Filter Options MoreBeers 9 1,996 12-08-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Stomach Sleeper Mask Options LikeaGlove90 13 1,290 12-08-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Just received Phillips refurb ASV machine - options? Labromaniac 3 576 11-20-2023, 02:29 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Anyone interested in starting an online self-help video chat for people with SA/UARS? JamesD0079 0 393 10-26-2023, 09:56 PM
Last Post: JamesD0079
  Buying CPAP supplies online: who do you prefer? Hmm888 1 869 09-06-2023, 11:38 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.