Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

My CPAP Data (Very Tired)
My CPAP Data (Very Tired)
I have been pretty tired since I started using the CPAP last Wednesday. I been feeling hungover most mornings. 

I finally have data from last night for both the O2 Ring and the CPAP. I felt a little better this morning then the last few mornings but still no better than before I started therapy. I assume this comes with time? I dont have any frame of reference on how I should be feeling. 

I was diagnosed with moderate sleep apnea with one sleep study. I have extreme night terrors very regularly (3 times a week on average) where I am completely paralyzed and cant even yell for help. I have chronic fatigue, depression, anxiety, and they began to suspect I have ADHD. I think it is all because of my sleep issues. I am really hoping this works. I am going to keep trying this until we find the right settings. I dont know what else to do.

Please let me know if you guys need more info. I will provide whatever you need.

And thank you all for your time!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: My CPAP Data (Very Tired)
My recommendation would be to turn off the ramp, increase your minimum pressure to 7cm and set the maximum to 10 cm.  I am thinking that you are experiencing arousals from the wide pressure change, and constraining its range to 3 cm is probably liveable.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You seem to be having flow limits that raise your pressure. To help with the flow limits give these changes a try.

EPR full time
EPR set 3
Min set 7

That should make it easier to sleep.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know where these settings are at. I was able to shut off the ramp time. I don't know what EPR is. I don't see a setting for min max pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
I found it. Had to get into the secret menus thanks guys I'm about to take this sucker for a test run with these settings. I'll report back tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's in the clinical menu. Hold the Home and dial in at the same time for about 5 seconds. Then you can edit the settings. EPR equals Exhalation Pressure Relief.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR and pressures changes are in the clinician menu.  It is explained in the Clinician manual.  You  can read the steps on how to request a copy here: CPAP Setup Manuals.  This link is also at the top of every page here.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 269 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Help a noob - low AHI but still feeling tired PeachPhantom 3 186 04-17-2024, 08:31 PM
Last Post: PeachPhantom
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 3 270 04-16-2024, 08:27 AM
Last Post: 40plus
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 220 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 7 546 04-10-2024, 08:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  First night CPAP + OSCAR data Ostrich 3 260 04-04-2024, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Newbie - CPAP data review and titration empiricismandstatistics 0 138 04-03-2024, 03:08 AM
Last Post: empiricismandstatistics

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.