Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Need help with settings
Need help with settings
Hello,

I started CPAP therapy a month ago and it's been all right, but I keep taking my full face mask off at some point in the night. When I do wake up, it's because the pressure is too high. I don't have an appointment with my doctor for a month still because she wasn't expecting me to have the cpap so quickly. How do I figure out what an appropriate pressure setting would be? Usually I just shut it off and let it go back to the ramp mode because it's lighter. I was diagnosed as having an AHI of 6 and my AHI is now about 2 and I'm still very sleepy during the day, but I know that it does take time to get used to it. I'm a very light sleeper to begin with so it's definitely a struggle. I'm attaching the last few days sleep.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with settings
welcome to the site. I Would suggest 2 changes that will help you sleep.

Set min 7
set EPR 3

Post tomorrow.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Need help with settings
Have you tried a fixed pressure? It's possible the pressure changes / higher pressures are bothering you a bit.

Are you saying that you're unconsciously removing the mask? If so, you can try quelling the dexterity of your hands by putting on gloves of some sort.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 926 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  AirCurve 10 ASV settings - Equivalent settings for AirCurve 10 VAUTO Shadowpup 0 905 11-18-2022, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Shadowpup
  ResMed Adjust ASV Settings to AutoASV Settings ronsch00 4 3,726 06-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  SleepyHead Question: machine settings on Daily Sidebar don't match actual settings Kris the Crone 6 2,158 06-15-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Kris the Crone
Question Auto CPAP settings vs Auto BiPAP settings thasan26 1 2,785 05-06-2016, 02:32 PM
Last Post: robysue

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.