Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset
RE: New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset
I am not an expert with sleep apnea or the OSCAR program.  Looking at the Tidal volume I am not sure he is sleeping very much.  I would suggest the following, set his pressure at nine and the EPR at 3 and see if that helps him sleep better.  If that doesn't work I will try to find someone on the board that has more knowledge that I do to help him. 
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am sorry, I didn't see your last post, yes post last nights chart as well.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. Will post last nights in about 5 to 6 hours.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2024, 09:02 AM)Old Steve Wrote: I am sorry, I didn't see your last post, yes post last nights chart as well.

Attached is last night's

Post Reply Post Reply
I see that he had a few CA's  Did he have any Central Apneas on his sleep test?  If not the these are most likely just Clear Airways and will most likely go away with time, they can be caused by holding your breath when you roll over or just moving while you are in bed. You are simply not breathing. They can also be caused by too much EPR causing you to expel too much Carbon Dioxide.  Your Carbon Dioxide level is what tells you to breath.  If they are actually Central Apneas rather than just Clear Airways the Standard CPAP will not treat them, you would need a bi-level type machine.   Unless he had Central Apneas noted on his sleep test I wouldn't worry about the CA's right now.  Although, he is still having some Obstructive Apneas, OA's  I would suggest raising his pressure to 9cm, higher pressure is what will stop OA's.  You can raise the pressure all at once or a little at a time over the next week and see if we can get rid of them.   It does appear that he is getting most of the positional apneas taken care of.   How is he feeling now?
Post Reply Post Reply
He said he felt "okay I guess" today. So I guess better than yesterday.

So I'll turn the ramp off and up the pressure to 9 for tonight?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2024, 04:46 PM)Old Steve Wrote: I see that he had a few CA's  Did he have any Central Apneas on his sleep test?  If not the these are most likely just Clear Airways and will most likely go away with time, they can be caused by holding your breath when you roll over or just moving while you are in bed. You are simply not breathing. They can also be caused by too much EPR causing you to expel too much Carbon Dioxide.  Your Carbon Dioxide level is what tells you to breath.  If they are actually Central Apneas rather than just Clear Airways the Standard CPAP will not treat them, you would need a bi-level type machine.   Unless he had Central Apneas noted on his sleep test I wouldn't worry about the CA's right now.  Although, he is still having some Obstructive Apneas, OA's  I would suggest raising his pressure to 9cm, higher pressure is what will stop OA's.  You can raise the pressure all at once or a little at a time over the next week and see if we can get rid of them.   It does appear that he is getting most of the positional apneas taken care of.   How is he feeling now?

They didn't say anything about central apnea. 

Here is the results from last night. He said he is tired, and he kept waking up and rolling around last night.

Post Reply Post Reply
You could try setting his EPR to 3 it may provide him a little more comfort and allow him to sleep longer than he has been.   Looking at the charts by the time he gets to sleep he is likely getting less than five hours a night.  If he is at all like me he will never feel good until he starts sleeping around 7 hours a night.  Anyway, the EPR at 3 may provide the comfort he needs to sleep longer than he currently is.  I would try the 9cm and 3 EPR for a few nights and see how he does.  If he keeps having some OA's you could try slowly raising his pressure. It wouldn't surprise me if he needed 10cm or more.  The higher EPR may cause a few more CA's for a few nights, but will usually go away. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Changed the Epr to 3.

This is what he said when I asked him how he slept.

"Slept ok. Ver very gassy. Was gassy yesterday but much more today. Borderline sharting. Guessing cpap gas"

Will post charts when I get out of bed

His My Air app says he didn't use it but he says it was definitely on.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2024, 09:02 AM)Old Steve Wrote: I am sorry, I didn't see your last post, yes post last nights chart as well.

ok here is last night's chart

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selling Price of Resmed Airsense 10 ivan007 5 104 5 hours ago
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  ResMed S9 AutoSet - Extreme Newbie Richg44006 17 7,026 04-25-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: jean23
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 207 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,261 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 99 04-18-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 190 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 210 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.