Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset
RE: New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset
Thank you in advance
Post Reply Post Reply
Hes using the Air Fit F20. I can't figure out how to jpdate that info on the side under my name
Post Reply Post Reply
Bump2
Post Reply Post Reply
It sound like he may be having Aerophagia, setting the EPR to 3 should have helped with that not made it worse.   If the problem is too much pressure about all you can do is to lower his pressure.  Unfortunately, the lower pressure may not treat his apnea.  I would suggest having him try another night and see how it goes as his AHI is getting better.  If we determine that the Aerophagia is being caused by too much pressure perhaps we should try setting the machine to APAP as it may not cause the gassy problems as much. 

In APAP he can have a lower his minimum pressure and a higher max pressure as the machine will adjust automatically to the apneas.   If you want to try the APAP set the minimum pressure to start with at 7cm and the maximum pressure around 15cm and leave the EPR at 3.  Then see how he does.

Also, do you know why isn't he sleeping anymore than he is?  Do you think the problem is just the CPAP?

Also, could you take about a 3 minute section on the flow rate chart and enlarge it about four clicks so we can see what the actual flow rate wave looks like.  

If you look up Aerophagia on the OSCAR site it will give you more info as to some causes and things you can do that may help.
I am not an expert...just a long time user.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the response.
I myself was also a little gassy. I think our dinner last night contributed so I'll have him do another night or couple of nights. We had Mexican for dinner.

Hes not sleeping as much because he's getting a lot of overtime at work. He's working 12+ hour shifts right now. And he likes to stay up and try to get things done before he goes to bed. :/

Do you want the flow rates enlarged for the last 2 nights or just tonight's when I post tomorrow?
Post Reply Post Reply
Both would be great, try to get the flow rate images so they are a little large than this .

[Image: 1000px-ASV_Mask_Pressure_-_ResMed.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Exclaimation 
I was trying to cuddle him tonight while we sleep, and he keeps like jumping/flinching. Which he did a lot before the cpap. But I haven't tried to cuddle with him, or watch him sleep since he started using the Cpap, because I usually go to bed first, so idk if he's been doing this every night still or not. 

I thought it was related to the Sleep Apnea. But if the CPAP is bringing his AHI down, then idk why he keeps jolting. 

I asked him if he's okay and he said yea. And I asked him why he keeps jolting and he said he didn't know. And I asked if he was asleep when he did it, and he said he didn't know. 

(So yes he was probably asleep. ) 

But he's doing it a lot. 

Should I be concerned??
Post Reply Post Reply
It is possible that he has Restless leg Syndrome (RLS).  If you can post his sleep test it might help someone on here determine if the jumping is  sleep related.   When you post the sleep test make sure you do not show his name.  You can look up RLS in the Wiki on this site.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't have any physical results from the sleep tests. They just told me on the phone what his ahi was
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-28-2024, 05:24 PM)Old Steve Wrote: Both would be great, try to get the flow rate images so they are a little large than this

hows this?

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Selling Price of Resmed Airsense 10 ivan007 10 210 Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Last Post: SleepyDawg
  ResMed S9 AutoSet - Extreme Newbie Richg44006 17 7,043 04-25-2024, 01:46 PM
Last Post: jean23
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 3 218 04-20-2024, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  N30i [what mask setting] Airsense 10 AutoSet Topdogg7505 8 3,272 04-20-2024, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ahfairley
Question [Equipment] What Is Autoset (ResMed) 10 and Can It Be Disabled? Rickyricardo 2 102 04-18-2024, 03:07 PM
Last Post: Rickyricardo
  Resmed Airsense 10 time to return to low pressure setting jfchap 3 197 04-13-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] New CPAP User - Help Understanding CPAP data and Pressure Spikes Sleepin 3 217 04-12-2024, 06:36 AM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.