Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

New user seeking advice
New user seeking advice
I'm looking for advice.   I've been using my CPAP for two weeks with nasal pillow masks (first tried ResMed P10, switched to Brevida for better fit).  I'm not feeling more rested with the CPAP.  I'm exploring my data with OSCAR and also recording my sleep sounds with the Sleep Talk App.  Most of my recorded apneas seem to be classified as UAs or CAs.   

Soon after falling asleep my leak rate increases to high levels.  I seem to be breathing out through my mostly closed lips.   I'm considering switching to a full face mask and would appreciate your suggestions.  Thank you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: New user seeking advice
A full-face mask is one solution, and many people use them.  Many other mouth breathers find other solutions.  Lots of us use mouth tape quite successfully.  A full-face mask often causes its own leaking problems.  Also, your central apneas may well be treatment-emergent.  If that is the case they will probably lessen or go away as you become settled into your treatment.  Also, Welcome
Machine:  ResMed AirCurve 10 Vauto
Mask:  Bleep DreamPort Sleep Solution
Post Reply Post Reply
Alternatively, some of us use soft cervical collars with nasal pillows/masks and full-face masks. It not only may help with mouth leaks, but also helps keep the airway open by stopping chin-tucking.

Full-face masks are a bit dodgy to get the proper strap setup, but once done it works well. I switch between pillows and FFM, and have learned to mark the strap positions on the headgear so I have a baseline to start from if needed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  I'm delighted to discover this forum and community!   I'd like to hear more about your experience with mouth tape and any recommendations and concerns.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] Intense Fatigue - Seeking Advice: CPAP Data Analysis PerplexedTom 7 269 04-24-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New to BiPAP Therapy: Seeking Guidance on Settings Kevinbipap 4 156 04-24-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: Kevinbipap
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 128 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,116 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 212 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments akarifur 52 2,682 04-06-2024, 01:23 PM
Last Post: akarifur
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 391 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.