Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Pressure] Advice on pressure adjustments
RE: Advice on pressure adjustments
Yep, I agree!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah it was very confusing to me as well, maybe it has to do more with it being all silicon for the most part instead of having hard plastic? Anyway any advice if i should tweak my settings and the exhaustion?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello everyone, I want to first thank everyone who helped me finally get to this point. It turns out the exhaustion was most likely a normal reaction to me finally hitting the magic pressure. My theory is that most likely I started finally having proper recovery sleep so my body has started to heal but since I have most likely had untreated sleep apnea for at least 16 years it has a huge offset of things to do, so while i was sleeping great my body was tired.

Anyway after the last time i posted, I did some research and noticed that I was flattening out on the peeks of my Insp. Time. Which previously in this thread someone suggested changing Timax up. At the time I did not fully understand why and so didn't stick with that (stupidly). Well i've bumped it up and holy smokes quality of sleep really improved. Turns out my remaining micro awakes were mostly due to comfort issues. I now can consistently get an AHI score of under 1 AHI with my nasal pillow mask and 2 AHI or so with my full face mask. Also as you can see in below attachment I have finally started to enjoy some even flat flow rate patterns. Now the only problem I have is that I'm no longer shifting so much positions that my shoulders hurt cause my mattress is old Haha Big Grin

Thank you again Sleeprider, CrimsonNape, Uzupan and everyone else who helped me here. I will try and learn more on how to pay this forward with other people.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2 Night on CPAP! Need Advice ed2397 1 123 04-23-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  [Treatment] CPAP to Bilevel advice kkjacks 24 1,103 04-22-2024, 02:16 PM
Last Post: kkjacks
  Help with adjustments post open heart valve replacement SistineKid 2 114 04-20-2024, 03:30 PM
Last Post: SistineKid
  OSCAR advice juniper 7 208 04-12-2024, 05:17 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Improvement after adjustments - still can't stay asleep DKane 0 107 04-12-2024, 09:55 AM
Last Post: DKane
  New user looking for Advice NeedSleepnea 15 372 04-01-2024, 11:08 AM
Last Post: NeedSleepnea
  New to CPAP, looking for guidance and advice iamJB 18 537 03-31-2024, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Expat31

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.