Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

PC Software
PC Software
I have been recently diagnosed with Sleep Apnia AHI 16.2 

I am looking at purchasing either:
ResPlus CPAP C20A Wifi by Beyond Medical
or
ResVent iBreeze 20A with Wifi

I saw a post that said Oscar does not, and probably will not ever, support the ResPlus.

I wish to first make sure that I will be able to get software for my Windows PC that will pick up the data by WiFi or SD card and allow me to analyse the details of the detailed sleep data kept on the machine. 

Your thoughts and recommendations for both machines would be much appreciated

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: PC Software
Let me strongly encourage you to buy the Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset with Card to Cloud data, on sale for $399 from Supplier #1. This is the best machine money can buy and is fully supported for data by OSCAR. Promo code SLEEP25. Unless you really have a thing for Chinese CPAPs, get the Resmed.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi RchiAiki!  -  Welcome
If those are your only two options, then go with the iBreeze.  There is some support in OSCAR for the iBreeze, but not the ResPlus.  You will need to use the SD card to collect and import the data into OSCAR.  There are no provisions or plans for any Wi-Fi communications of any kind for OSCAR at this time.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Noted.
Much appreciated your reply. 
My health plan covers some of the cost but it may be restricted to Canadian suppliers. I will check it out.
Thanks

Hi Red.
Thanks for the reply.
Would you be able to elaborate on "some support"?
I would like to be able to do a detailed review of the CPAP machine data. 
Rchi
Post Reply Post Reply
Since none of the current developers use an iBreeze, or its counterpart the Resvent, we have to rely on user supplied data to try and reverse engineer its data reporting capabilities.  The original developer provided less than desirable code, thus necessitated a review of the loader.  One of the current developers has taken on the debugging and polishing of the code to bring it up to acceptable levels.  This is based on the samples we currently have been provided.  I am speculating that there exists an "April Fool!" parameter that we have yet to see.  That is why I am reserved in my statements of its complete capability.  The corrected iBreeze/Resvent code is in the current OSCAR repository, but not in the latest version release, v1.5.1. At this time, it planned to be in the next release.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Red
Much appreciate the details. 
Thanks
Rchi
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sleeprider
I am taking your advice.
Sadly my Canadian health supplemental health insurance will only cover CPAP machines purchased from a Canadian company. Darn!!!

There are two versions of the ResMed Air Sense 10
.1. Modem version 
.2. CardToCloud version
I know a bit about the differences. 
Modem version will allow me to have myAir app on my phone. CTC will not. 
Modem version will allow direct connection to my health care provider. I do not want this. I want to look at the data myself. This is where Oscar comes in I believe.

Questions:
.1. Is the C2C version the newer version of the AirSense 10 machines or is the modem version the newer one.

.2. Do both versions support SD cards?

.3. Is the only way to get info to Oscar with an SD card or is there a WiFi option on one or both of the 10's

.4. The AirView app is not available to me as a patient. It is only available to medical folks.  Yeah?

.5. Does the Air Sense 11 allow me to get better sleep data information on my iPhone or PC?

Thanks 
Rchi
Post Reply Post Reply
1. First there was AS10/3G, 3G was passed out first in Canada, it no longer transmits, cant. Then came a world wide chip shortage and as a result NO new CPAPs could be built with a modem so the CTC was made. 4G and the world wide shortage of chips eased and the AS10/4G came about so it depends on which modem version you have. BUT algorithmically they use the same code.

2. Yes

3. The CPAPs do not move the data to an outside location except with AirView and that data is at a considerably lower frequency than what is written to the SD card. The exceptions a 3rd party solution of using a WIFI enabled SD card and connecting that card to your PC.

4. correct, AirView is not available to us.

5, Datawise the AS11 has identical capability to the AS1- series. OSCAR is how you read this detailed data.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-20-2023, 07:47 PM)Gideon Wrote: 1. First there was AS10/3G, 3G was passed out first in Canada, it no longer transmits, cant.  Then came a world wide chip shortage and as a result NO new CPAPs could be built with a modem so the CTC was made.  4G and the world wide shortage of chips eased and the AS10/4G came about so it depends on which modem version you have.  BUT algorithmically they use the same code.

2. Yes

3. The CPAPs do not move the data to an outside location except with AirView and that data is at a considerably lower frequency than what is written to the SD card.  The exceptions a 3rd party solution of using a WIFI enabled SD card and connecting that card to your PC.

4. correct, AirView is not available to us.

5, Datawise the AS11 has identical capability to the AS1- series.  OSCAR is how you read this detailed data.

Hi Gideon
Much appreciated your prompt, detailed and easy to understand response.

.1. Good stuff. Now I know that I want an AS10/4G and that I have to watch out for AS10's on sale that are in fact /3G or CTC. Thanks.

.3. I have never heard of a WiFi enabled SD card. I imagine the advantage is that you can leave the SD card in the AS10 and Oscar on your PC can get at it as if you had physically moved it to the SD card reader on your PC. My first look found it to be not an overly popular product so I think I will stay away from it.  But thanks for adding a bit more tech to my collection.

.6. Oxygen monitor
I am receiving tomorrow (hopefully) a Viatom/Wellue Checkme O2 Wrist Oxygen Monitor. Will Oscar support importing its data about O2 levels and display it along side the AS10/11 data.

.7. AS10/4G vs AS11
The main difference of potential interest to me I think is that the AS11 supports bluetooth.
This would presumably allow the O2 data from the Wellue Checkme O2 to be integrated into the AS11.  I am not sure how this would work.
Oscar Question: Would Oscar be happier displaying the O2 data if I had an AS11 vs an AS10/4G. If not, I will stick with the cheaper AS10/4G. If it would, I would be interested in understanding how the information displayed by Oscar would be better if I had and an AS11.

Thanks Gideon!
Rchi
Post Reply Post Reply
The Viatom/Wellue oximeter binary data file can be imported into OSCAR. Instructions to do this can be found in the OSCAR Wiki. The Bluetooth on the AS11 is currently for a Resmed app that can do a limited initial setup, and now allows for the connection of the Nonin 3150 oximeter module that allows its data to be included in the SD card's data. The Bluetooth can not transmit any sleep data at this time.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sefam sbox software RKTatschner 2 38 Yesterday, 02:02 AM
Last Post: RKTatschner
  Nerwbie -- what CPAP/software combo? cprstn54 1 59 04-23-2024, 03:12 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Software support for the Astral 150? Peashee888 11 936 03-28-2024, 08:04 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  problem downloading OSCAR SOFTWARE Bailey104 1 194 03-15-2024, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  NOTICE: ResScan 7.1 Software now available [for ResMed machines only] SuperSleeper 0 712 02-26-2024, 10:27 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  Software/app for Lowenstein Prisma SmartPlus w/o NHS knowing Ploppy 3 1,132 12-21-2023, 10:01 AM
Last Post: Ploppy
  Need urgent Software for Yuwell YH-580 WilliamVasquez 12 4,233 12-19-2023, 01:08 AM
Last Post: VankoGo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.